- Atlanta, GA
- Date Posted
- Sep. 13, 2021
- Software Engineering
This is a position with flexibility to work remotely in the United States.
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives.
The Sonos services platform enables all of our products to work seamlessly together, and to connect to a wide variety of partner services that enable content and control solutions. Our cloud services handle millions of connected devices and contribute to our mission to support new features and capabilities for both existing and new devices for our customers. This role will specifically support modernizing how our technology teams leverage authorization, feature enablement, and settings through cloud services to help unlock a wide variety of exciting, customer-facing enhancements in the future.
What You’ll Do
- Design and develop cloud-based software solutions that are directly used by both our customer’s devices and other internal peer teams
- Participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle including planning, requirements, development, and unit testing
- Create automated tests and deployment processes that work with our continuous integration tools
- Provide support for existing, live services in a DevOps environment, including monitoring system health, deploying software and services, and participating in an on-call rotation
- Support service initiatives that adhere to best practices for security, scalability, cost, and overall performance
- Participate in an agile development environment, assisting with story definition, scoping, and assisting peers with code reviews and design reviews
What You’ll Need
- Degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience developing and deploying software with at least one public cloud stack (ex. AWS, GCP, Azure, etc…)
- Exposure to working with a software team that utilizes agile methodologies
- Experience developing software that leverages common AWS components (ex. ElasticCache, RDS, EC2, cloud networking, etc…)
- Ability and experience to leverage data and metrics to define service health and performance and exposure to toolstacks in this space
- Hands-on experience developing and deploying services that leverage containers and Kubernetes
- Prior project experience that involves one or more of the following: connected devices at scale, software authentication and authorization, or REST-based web services