- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
- Software Engineering
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do to the best work of their lives.
As a Software Engineer on the Core Experience Initial Configuration team, you will be responsible for the software that leads our customers through a complete out-of-box experience; from opening the packaging to filling their home with incredible sound.
You will work across our mobile products, and sometimes our desktop products. You will work with some of the brightest minds in the business across multiple disciplines in software, hardware, acoustics and Wi-Fi technologies. You will have fun and innovate every day in our fast-moving and creative environment.
If you love music, solving ambitious software problems, and doing things the right way every time, we’d like to talk to you!
What You’ll Do
- Work on our controller applications on iOS and/or Android to provide clear, engaging, and reliable setup.
- Help maintain basic setup features on our Mac and Windows controller applications.
- Collaborate with software engineers, PM, QA and UX to design and deliver unique, innovative new features that delight our customers.
- Participate in team process, using Agile methodologies to adapt and continuously improve
What You’ll Need
- C++ developer with good problem-solving skills.
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or relevant experience
- Good investigative and problem-solving skills
- Experience with common source code control systems (e.g., git, github)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Thrives in fast-moving, results-oriented environment.
- Experience with Swift/Objective-C and/or Kotlin/Java is a plus.
- Experience with Flutter is a plus.
- Knowledge of TCP/UDP/IP networking is a plus.
- Linux embedded development is a plus.
- Experience with Cloud, RESTful API and HTTP technologies is a plus