- Santa Barbara, CA
- Date Posted
- Jun. 2, 2021
- Software Engineering
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do to the best work of their lives.
Come help us build out the next generation platform for the Sonos online customer experience. You’ll have a direct impact on the business, advancing a major component of our core strategy. You’ll be making it easy for people to learn about our products, how to best use them, and remain connected to the community they love. And most importantly, you’ll be ensuring that our web presence is as robust and stable as it can be.
Apply your creativity and engineering skills to help build and scale a global web experience showcasing Sonos products. You’ll make them beautiful wherever they live: desktop, mobile, or app. You’ll work across team and disciplinary boundaries, and you’ll be free to do what you do best.
Sonos is looking for a full-stack Senior Web Engineer to work with our team to design and build cutting-edge experiences with a focus on eCommerce, enabling music lovers everywhere to acquire our products and services in new and exciting ways. Combine your love of technology, music, and web design while pushing our web properties to new heights!
- Turn your in-depth knowledge of responsive and adaptive design into fluid web-based experiences.
- Write clear, reliable, maintainable code with an understanding of web standards and best practices.
- Exercising your extremely strong technical aptitude while staying updated on the current state of web technology.
- Communicating your solutions to both technical and non-technical stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- Develop and mentor junior engineers, paying your knowledge forward.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in a senior web frontend engineering role
- Experience implementing and using modern build tools (Webpack, Babel, etc.)
- Experience architecting frontend systems that interact with cloud services and APIs
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and Akamai
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Articulate and concise written and verbal communication
- Experience with web performance optimization
- Strong development skills in a modern object-oriented language like Java or C#, and a familiarity with a dynamic language, preferably Python
- Experience with development on the Salesforce B2C Commerce Cloud (Demandware) platform (ISML templates, B2C Commerce API, etc.)
- Experience implementing headless solutions (checkout, frontend)
- Experience with data query languages such as GraphQL