- San Francisco
- Santa Barbara, CA
- Date Posted
- Jun. 2, 2021
- Software Engineering
Software Engineering Manager, Marketing, Sales and CX
Location(s): Boston, Seattle, Santa Barbara, Remote (US Only)
Come help us build out the next generation platform for Sonos Marketing, Sales and Customer Experience technology, focused on backend development. You’ll have a direct impact on the business, advancing a major component of our core strategy. You’ll be at the center of our transformation into our subscription and CRM capabilities. Apply your creativity and engineering skills to help build and scale a global CX experience for our internal and external customers. You’ll work across teams and disciplinary boundaries, and you’ll be free to do what you do best. And most importantly, you’ll be joining a very strong team of technologists to drive results.
Sonos is looking for a hands-on Software Engineering Manager to work within our Marketing, Sales and CX Technology team helping us develop the technology that will make us the best CX Technology team in our class. You will collaborate with people who work directly with our customers, end to end across their customer journey from awareness through advocacy. You’ll deeply understand what our customer needs and passionately use that knowledge to build platforms and tools that put the customer experience first. Those tools will support our internal Customer Experience operations team, Go to Market teams, and will also be available through self-service options on the web.
What you’ll do
- Hands on coding as a player / coach
- Manage a team of software engineers, providing mentoring and performance feedback on an ongoing basis
- Inform and influence our product roadmap, determining resourcing for ongoing projects and informing stakeholders of progress towards milestones
- Oversee the design, building, and scaling of our customer-facing web systems and integrations
- Use your in-depth knowledge of web architecture to inform stable and robust backend solutions supporting our various customer touchpoints (web, controller, smart speaker)
- Perform code maintenance and reviews when necessary, and instruct others on how to write clean, maintainable, reliable code
- Exercising your extremely strong technical aptitude while staying updated on the current state of web technology.
- Communicating your solutions to both technical and non-technical stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- Develop and mentor junior engineers, paying your knowledge forward.
What you’ll need
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in an engineering management role overseeing 3+ engineers
- Experience with the use and configuration of cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS) and Content Delivery Networks (Akamai, Cloudfront)
- Articulate and concise written and verbal communication
- Experience with development on the Salesforce platforms (Marketing Cloud, Sales Cloud, Commerce Cloud)
- Experience architecting backend systems that interact with third-party APIs, eCommerce platforms, and finance platforms (ERP)
- Experience with web performance optimization
- Experience implementing headless eCommerce solutions
- Experience writing and implementing APIs
- Experience with web performance testing