- United States
- Hilversum, NL
- Date Posted
- Dec. 27, 2021
- Software Engineering
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives.
Come help us build out the next generation platform for the Sonos online customer experience. You’ll have a direct impact on the business, advancing a major component of our core strategy. You’ll be making it easy for people to learn about our products, how to best use them, and remain connected to the community they love. And most importantly, you’ll be ensuring that our web presence is as robust and stable as it can be.
Sonos is looking for a full-stack Senior Web Engineer to work with our team to design and build cutting-edge experiences with a focus on eCommerce, enabling music lovers everywhere to acquire our products and services in new and exciting ways. Apply your creativity and engineering skills to help build and scale a global web experience showcasing Sonos products. You’ll make them beautiful wherever they live: desktop, mobile, or app. You’ll work across team and disciplinary boundaries, and you’ll be free to do what you do best. Combine your love of technology, music, and web design while pushing our web properties to new heights!
This role can be done from home
Building the world’s leading sound experience starts with the experience we provide for our people. That’s why we’ve been distributed from the start: initially between offices in Boston & Santa Barbara, and now with additional offices in Seattle, San Francisco & Paris. This role can be done from anywhere in the United States, Canada or Hilversum - any of our offices, or remotely from home. It’s about impact, not location.
What You’ll Do:
- Turn your in-depth knowledge of responsive and adaptive design into fluid web-based experiences.
- Write clear, reliable, maintainable code with an understanding of web standards and best practices.
- Exercising your extremely strong technical aptitude while staying updated on the current state of web technology.
- Communicating your solutions to both technical and non-technical stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- Develop and mentor junior engineers, paying your knowledge forward.
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of experience in a senior web frontend engineering role; 3+ years experience with React
- Experience implementing and using modern build tools (Webpack, Babel, etc.)
- Experience architecting frontend systems that interact with cloud services and APIs
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and Akamai
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Articulate and concise written and verbal communication
- Experience with web performance optimization
- Strong development skills in a modern object-oriented language like Java or C#, and a familiarity with a dynamic language, preferably Python
- Experience with development on the Salesforce B2C Commerce Cloud (Demandware) platform (ISML templates, B2C Commerce API, etc.)
- Experience implementing headless solutions (especially with eCommerce)
- Experience with data query languages such as GraphQL
Sonos is a sound experience company. We connect millions of listeners all around the world to the content they want, where and how they want it. Since inventing multiroom wireless audio in 2005, we have continuously innovated the listening experience, designing hardware and software that celebrates sound, empowers our customers, and brings the home to life. Our team is made up of passionate players united by a culture of respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership who want to inspire the world to listen better.
Covid-19 Health and Safety
In response to the global pandemic, we have continued to prioritize the health, safety and wellness of our employees around the world. Our offices remain closed with a few exceptions. Our Covid Vaccination Policy requires proof of Covid vaccination in the U.S. and U.S. new hires will be required to provide proof of current Covid vaccination on or before their first day of employment. In Europe and Asia Pacific, we are following national and local Covid guidelines as outlined in the policy.