- Santa Barbara, CA
- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
- Software Engineering
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives.
As a Sr. Software Manager, you will lead a talented team with a broad set of skills including Cloud Services, Web, Devops, QA, Automation, Project Management and integrations with 3rd parties. The First Experience Technology team is responsible for the audio demo systems that introduce many customers to our high quality sound systems that are so easy to use. Sonos is expanding to offer online services such as HD Radio and your team will be involved in planning virtual online demonstrations as well. You will also work closely with our business and product development teams to design and develop the next generation demo systems that include new Sonos product introductions.
- Champion for demo experiences and technologies
- Work with Sonos’ UX, Brand, Retail, Product Design/Development, to build and deliver solutions to showcase Sonos products, data analytics, dashboards, and system configuration tools.
- Train the team through mentorship, communication, and formal classes
- Hire top talent with a blend of full time employees and contractors
- Lead product strategy and monthly roadmap meetings
- Manage 3rd party technology relationships
- BS CS or BS EE
- 2+ years managing a software development team delivering production-ready code
- Strong knowledge of UI, application development, database systems, and AWS
- Experience with customer facing experiences
- Demonstrated ownership of software quality and directing QA resources
- Integration with 3rd party hardware and software systems
- General knowledge of embedded systems
- Experience with audio and streaming music services / APIs