- Date Posted
- Aug. 16, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
Remote - United States
Remote - US California
This is a position with flexibility to work remotely in the United States or the Netherlands.
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives.
Do you enjoy transforming technical information into engaging learning experiences that motivate and inspire? Do you want to enable customer experience agents to perform their jobs effectively and take on new responsibilities to advance their careers? If so, come join the Customer Experience Training team as a Sr. Technical Instructional Designer! As a Senior Technical Instructional Designer, you will work collaboratively with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and other stakeholders across the company to design and develop learning experiences for Sonos customer experience agents.
The Customer Experience Training team partners with internal and external stakeholders (including corporate partners) to drive the development of training that enables agents to perform their job responsibilities including support of Sonos products, software, and services through positive customer interactions.
What You’ll Do
- Perform skills and gap analysis by working collaboratively with stakeholders.
- Independently design, develop, and implement large training programs/certifications that include blended learning components such as online self-paced courses, instructor-led sessions, and supporting documentation by working collaboratively with stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Assist in the analysis of training needs across the organization.
- Assist training manager in the QA review and editing of team deliverables.
- Mentor team members to enable their professional development.
- Assist training manager in the development and implementation of processes for certification creation.
- Synthesize, edit, and organize material gathered from multiple sources to design engaging learning experiences customized to meet the training needs of a diverse global audience.
- Manage multiple course development projects effectively at various stages of development at once.
- Drive projects to completion by establishing, communicating, and meeting project deadlines.
- Cultivate and maintain strong, effective, working relationships with stakeholders and SMEs across the company.
- Keep the training needs of the target audience at the forefront by staying abreast of changes in process and procedure.
- Assess training effectiveness and identify training needs by working closely with the QA team and stakeholders.
- Remain current with trends in instructional design, course development software, and the training industry.
What You’ll Need
- Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in Education, Instructional Design, Technology in Education, Technical Writing, or Journalism, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years professional instructional design and learning strategy experience.
- Ability to take complex technical material and transform it into learner focused, easy to understand and engaging online courses, documentation, and instructor-led course materials.
- Strong analytical skills: Ability to organize information logically, identify content gaps and clarity issues, and the corresponding questions that need to be asked to obtain the missing information.
- Ability to maintain and build collaborative working relationships with SMEs and stakeholders.
- Ability to shift focus quickly and adjust project plans and expectations in an environment with frequently shifting priorities.
- Exceptional technical writing and editing skills.
- Exceptional communication and project management skills.
- Experience working collaboratively with SMEs.
- Experience working with multimedia based authoring tools such as Articulate 360 and Captivate.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Education, Instructional Design, Technology in Education, Technical Writing, or Journalism.
- Strong understanding of adult learning theory and ability to apply it to the design and development of training materials.
- Experience using a framework such as Philip’s Method of ROI to measure training effectiveness.