- Date Posted
- Nov. 8, 2021
- Business Applications
At Sourceful, we are on a mission to help businesses to do better - environmentally, socially and economically. The world needs action on climate, and businesses also need affordable solutions.
Sourceful helps businesses with product sourcing for their supply chains, from packaging (boxes, tape, envelopes, stationery) to finished goods using technology to digitise and optimise the sourcing flow. 75% of the carbon impact in an industry comes from the supply chain (product and logistics). With the development of new materials, better energy sources and consumer awareness, the momentum is shifting, but we want to accelerate that change.
Sourceful was founded in June 2020 by Wing Chan, Ex-CMO and CTO at The Hut Group (LSE:THG £1Bn in Revenues in 2019) and is Venture Capital backed by some of the leading angels and investors in Europe.
We are looking for an assistant accountant/book-keeper who wants to join a mission-driven start up. Mentored by an experienced Sr Finance Leader with CICPA and AICPA, this role will be a great beginning of a successful long-term career in Finance. This internship has the potential to be converted to a full-time role after graduation.
Manage daily cashier activities: prepare documents for capital receipt, bank transfers, payments, etc
- Timely submit documents for payment release.
- Collect and manage VAT invoices, and contracts for related payments.
- Check the invoices for reimbursement, payments, to ensure accuracy.
- Timely update the bank journal, and ensure bank statements are tied.
- Prepare worksheet for ah hoc work.
- Assist the accountant to get invoices and other documents for month-end closing.
- Bachelor degree or above, major in accounting, finance, or international trading is preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft software suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Word)
- Strong Communication Skills (written) in English and Mandarin Chinese
- Strong Ethical Behavior and Team Spirit, accept and believe in Sourceful Company Culture
- Sense of Urgency - Under regular pressure to meet deadlines and must frequently deal with difficult issues related to people or situations
- Analytical Skills – Must be able to manipulate and draw conclusions from large datasets
- Attention to Detail
- Building Relationships – Must be able to collaborate and work effectively with providers, vendors and other Sourceful associates.
At Sourceful, our culture is based on our ambition to have a big impact and a big heart. We’re a team obsessed with our clients, who look after one another and have no time for big egos.
You will be joining a high-performance team who works hard for each other and you will feel fully supported by our magnificent team to reach your best levels and our high standards.
We look forward to viewing your application!
Sourceful embraces and advocates for diversity and equal opportunity. We pride ourselves in helping businesses do better environmentally, socially and economically. As such, building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills helps us achieve our mission.