- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- Sep. 28, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
At Sourceful, we are on a mission to help businesses to do better - environmentally, socially and economically. The world needs action on climate, and businesses also need affordable solutions.
Sourceful helps businesses with product sourcing for their supply chains, from packaging (boxes, tape, envelopes, stationery) to finished goods using technology to digitise and optimise the sourcing flow. 75% of the carbon impact in an industry comes from the supply chain (product and logistics). With the development of new materials, better energy sources and consumer awareness, the momentum is shifting, but we want to accelerate that change.
Sourceful was founded in June 2020 by Wing Chan, Ex-CMO and CTO at The Hut Group (LSE:THG £1Bn in Revenues in 2019) and is Venture Capital backed by some of the leading angels and investors in Europe.
- Building out the backend for the Sourceful platform, e.g Dashboard, order management/inventory management/asset processing
- Building internal tools for the operations team to handle sourcing management, freight integration etc
- Contributing to architectural decisions
- Promoting best practices in testing, monitoring and system design
About You (Required)
- Four years experience working on the backend of a technology product
- Proven experience with NodeJs and great foundation with another programming language (e.g. Go, Java, C, C++ or Python)
- Experience implementing (event-driven) microservice architectures
- Comfortable working with SQL and other databases technologies
- Experience with automated testing of systems and applications
- Comfortable with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working in a cloud environment such as Google Cloud Platform or AWS
About You (Desirable)
- Knowledge of designing and delivering secure, fail-safe systems and architecture
- A strong familiarity with CICD methodologies, chat-ops etc
- Experienced in Systems Engineering and Troubleshooting (Linux)
- Experience with React / Frontend Development
At Sourceful, our culture is based on our ambition to have a big impact and a big heart. We’re a team obsessed with our clients, who look after one another and have no time for big egos.
This is a chance to make a significant impact early on in our journey and to move quickly into more senior roles ahead of your tenure.
We look forward to reviewing your application!
Sourceful embraces and advocates for diversity and equal opportunity. We pride ourselves in helping businesses do better environmentally, socially and economically. As such, building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills helps us achieve our mission.