- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
- Data Science
- Financial Services
Who are we?
As a team, we’re driven by our values and our focus on big growth. We’re an ambitious, international group with 25 nationalities represented today. At the heart, we believe people do their best work when they’re given freedom to thrive and grow. Thinking big, bringing a positive attitude, and taking full ownership are three characteristics that thread our team together.
Founded in 2016, Spendesk today already serves thousands of businesses in Europe and the US. More than 200 Spendeskers work across our four offices in Paris, Berlin, London and San Francisco.
- And our tribe is growing fast. Come join us on this journey.
- Choose positivity - We’re all owners - Go for it boldly and without fear of failure - Be kind, humble & trustworthy - Proactively seek out ways to grow - Always run the extra mile
The data team at Spendesk is a centralized and autonomous department that has two missions:
- Enable Spendeskers to make better decisions, faster: i.e we strongly advocate and work towards data-driven decision making while building automated tools whenever possible
- make the product more valuable to our customers through workflows automation and insights: i.e we build differentiating features that help Spendesk stand out
As much as Spendesk wants to be a leader in the payment industry, its data team wants to be a reference in the industry and maximise impact on the business. This is a result of a combination of innovative organisation and leverage of top-notch tools and processes, combined with a team of highly motivated, ambitious and data-proficient professionals.
We need a Product Data Analyst to help deliver the best analytics to our product teams and improve their decision-making. You will be a key contributor to discoveries and prioritization efforts, eventually helping tailor our product to more and more customers needs.
The data team is currently composed of 12 people and you will be the second product data analyst. You will work closely with your fellow data analysts, data engineers and scientists as well as with product unit leads.
- Advise product stakeholders by identifying problematics, defining key success metrics & measuring initiatives’ impact
- Generate insights on our product to steer strategy, product development and help with prioritization
- Develop strong and qualitative data models and products to empower decentralized data-driven decision-making
- Track, monitor, and create KPIs and reports to measure satisfaction on our products and features
- Contribute to develop a strong data culture and work hand-in-hand with operational teams to deliver the most actionable insights
What we’re looking for
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in data analytics
- Excellent level in SQL and knowledge in at least one other programming language (Python/R etc.)
- Background on a quantitative analytical role field such as Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics… or the equivalent work experience
- Experience with ETL tools (Airflow, DBT, Fivetran, Segment are a +)
- Adaptability > able to work with a multitude of datasets on a variety of use cases
- Strong communication: can easily explain what they do, able to share analyses/guidelines/news with others
- Product acumen, understanding of product challenges, organization...
- Fluent in written and spoken English - it is our business language
Why should you apply?
- Exciting time to join Spendesk in terms of growth and opportunities
- Flexible working hours & remote working for everyone
- Seamless fully remote onboarding and ramp up
- Competitive salary package and equity
- Tea, coffee and snacks available in the office
- Virtual Thursday socials with the team
- We usually have bi-annual offsite trips, but we are sticking to virtual team days for now!
- Brand new offices in the heart of Paris, Berlin & London
- How have we adapted our process during the Coronavirus crisis?
Well the good news is that we are still hiring! And when we say hiring, we mean hiring 160 Spendeskers by the end of the year! We’ve got quite a few finance teams to help spend smarter after all...
What you can expect from our recruitment process:
- 1. A video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Partners to fully understand your career aspirations and answer any questions you have
- 2. A series of videos calls with members of the team to align on what they will expect from you, and assess your technical skills and job fit
- 3. A final video call with the Hiring Manager / Head of to review any remaining questions