- Date Posted
- Nov. 30, 2021
- Data Science
- Business Applications
We are on a mission to liberate businesses and people to do their best work.
We are an ambitious, international team with more than 30 nationalities represented today. We believe that people do their best work when they’re given the freedom to thrive and grow. Thinking big, bringing a positive attitude, and taking full ownership are three characteristics that thread our team together.
Founded in 2016 Spendesk today serves thousands of businesses in Europe and the US, and we recently raised €100m in a Series C funding round. Our team of 350+ Spendeskers, is spread across four offices in Paris, Berlin, London and San Francisco, alongside many teammates working remotely from various cities in Europe.
And we’re growing fast. Come join us!
The Data Engineering team is in charge of building the Data Platform to serve Analytics and power the Spendesk Product by leveraging the Data:
- Gather the data from everywhere onto the Data Platform to build the Source of Truth
- Provide the right tooling to teams for them to access and leverage the data in a self-service fashion
- Continuously improve the platform to serve new use cases for Product and Engineering teams: currently building a Machine Learning platform to run and monitor inference models online
- Write reliable ETL and data models to support reporting (financial, business...), product (machine learning) and operations needs (reverse ETL)
- Write and operate resilient Python applications on Kubernetes to serve online traffic
- Advocate and promote best practices at every level: Python/SQL code, data models, monitoring, security, design, infrastructure-as-code, practices...
- Anticipate growth and plan for the future: make sure the Data Platform will scale to handle more data, more online traffic, new use cases, lower latency...
- Identify and drive projects with 2+ teammates for the team to achieve its objective that will contribute to Spendesk success
Python, DBT, Snowflake, Airflow, Kubernetes / AWS, Fivetran, Looker
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years experience in Data Engineering
- Strong experience with SQL and Python
- You build and operate Data Flows at scale
- DevOps mindset: you build and operate your applications
- Strong architectural skills
- As we are an international team, please submit your application and CV in English.
- Exciting time to join Spendesk in terms of growth and opportunities
- Competitive compensation package with equity (everyone is an owner of the company!)
- Flexible and remote-friendly work environment
- The best equipment for your needs (Macbook Pro, secondary screen, ...)
- Internal social events (hackathon, company-wide parties, offsite, ...)
- Brand-new offices in the heart of Paris, Berlin & London
- A purple Spendesk card (for your work purchases)!
- And more!
What you can expect from the process:
- 1. A video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Partners to fully understand your career aspirations and answer any questions you have
- 2. A series of videos calls with members of the team to align on what they will expect from you, and assess your technical skills and job fit
- 3. A final video call with the Hiring Manager / Head of our C-levels, CEO included to review any remaining questions