- Date Posted
- Jun. 1, 2021
- Design & UI
- Financial Services
Who are we?
As a team, we’re driven by our values and our focus on big growth. We’re an ambitious, international group with 25 nationalities represented today. At the heart, we believe people do their best work when they’re given freedom to thrive and grow. Thinking big, bringing a positive attitude, and taking full ownership are three characteristics that thread our team together.
Founded in 2016, Spendesk today already serves thousands of businesses in Europe and the US. More than 200 Spendeskers work across our four offices in Paris, Berlin, London and San Francisco.
- And our tribe is growing fast. Come join us on this journey.
- Choose positivity - We’re all owners - Go for it boldly and without fear of failure - Be kind, humble & trustworthy - Proactively seek out ways to grow - Always run the extra mile
What you will do
You will work on the front-end part of all future features! Your work will focus on improving our technical architecture and developing end-to-end features, and you’ll be responsible of all aspects of them: technical design, development, testing, documentation, deployment, maintainability.
You will work in strong collaboration with our designer, product managers and backend engineers to iterate on our product, define API requirements and participate in UX choices.
You will also be a mentor for the junior members of the team and show them how you can ship beautiful code in a blink
You will be part of one of our squads (1 Product Manager / 1 Product Designer / 4 Developers) that hates the comfort zone, moves fast and deals with trade-offs all the time.
And because your work is not only about writing code, you will be a great team player with a high degree of collaboration: making the team better everyday is your mantra!
Needless to say that by joining our team as software engineer you’ll get to work closely with anyone across the company and every decision you’ll make may have a huge impact. Exciting, isn’t it?
- React/Redux, Apollo for our new graphQL stack
- Migrating to GraphQL
- NodeJS on the backend side
- Circle CI and Travis for continuous integration
- At least 4 years of experience in front-end development with respect to state-of-the-art practices.
- Experience with React.js or other front-end framework such as Vue.js, Angular.js, Ember.js.
- Experience in designing large scale frontend applications
- Experience in consuming REST or GraphQL APIs.
- Great UX/UI sensibility.
- Autonomy, fast-learning and proactiveness
- You are a HACKER: you are comfortable with ambiguity, you love technical challenges, to prototype and to find creative ways to solve problems in the shortest time frame.
- You are a DOER: “tomorrow” is not part of your vocabulary. You get shit done!
We are looking for talented and passionate engineers to help us build and scale our application. You love building, designing efficient, and reliable products. You have a strong aesthetic in UX/UI, mentoring people this job may well be for you! Having a FinTech start-up is a plus!
Why should you apply?
- Key time to join Spendesk in terms of growth and opportunities
- Competitive salary package and equity
- Flexible working hours & remote working possible
- Fast-learning environment, entrepreneurial and strong team spirit
- An incredible team of hackers and hustlers
- Brand new offices in the heart of Paris, Berlin & London
- Free tea, coffee and snacks in the office
- Gifts powered by Briq, our internal virtual currency
- Thursday socials with the team
- Bi-annual offsite trips