- Date Posted
- Sep. 20, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Business Applications
We’re an ambitious, international team with more than 30 nationalities represented today. We believe that people do their best work when they’re given the freedom to thrive and grow. Thinking big, bringing a positive attitude, and taking full ownership are three characteristics that thread our team together.
Founded in 2016, Spendesk today serves thousands of businesses in Europe and the US. More than 300 Spendeskers already work across our four offices in Paris, Berlin, London and San Francisco.
And we’re growing fast. Come join us!
Manage people and projects of the Card banking squad. The banking organisation has two tech squads, one operation team, one compliance team and one partnership team. As a team lead you’ll be in charge of managing one of the two technical squads. This includes 1:1 with member of the teams settings goals and making perf review. Giving feedback to developers to make them grow. Report to the engineering director with status project and blockers. Collaborate with other team especially partnership and operation to deliver value to our customers.
Start with Why? We are looking for analytical people who can understand and solve complex problems, challenge priority and make decisions based on data.
Solve for the customer. We are a customer-centric company not a tech centric company. You will work with a dedicated product manager, a designer and the support team to provide a first in class user experience and build the best banking app for businesses. As a lead, your team is also your customer, making sure developers are autonomous and productive is part of your responsibility.
Insist on the highest standards. You will develop on a 1-year recent code that encapsulates best practices like DDD, Micro-services, Kafka. You will ensure the quality of the code that is released into production. Give the direction of metrics and monitoring.
Be bold. In our fast-paced environment, every decision you’ll make will have a huge impact. You will setup goals for the team and keep track of them. You won’t hesitate to take risks and try to make the organisation better.
Team player. There are already 9 developers in the banking team. As we grow, you’ll become a key member of the team, help more junior people to grow and become a trusted Spendesker.
We don’t chose technology because they are shiny but because they solve a problem.
Our app is a composed of 6 services in Nodejs for the backend, hosted on kubernetes. Each of them as it’s own RDS Postgres (AWS) database and they communicate together via REST API or via managed Kafka that is used as en event bus. The monitoring and logging is done on Datadog, and the frontend of the backoffice is in React.
What we’re looking for
- At least 4 years of experience in development (no requirement on the language).
- Leading a long term project from spec to Global access (GA) OR Managing a team of at least two persons for a year.
- Previous track record of good collaboration with product owner and external stakeholders.
- Good writing skills.
- Autonomy, fast learning and proactiveness.
- Experience in a fintech is a plus but not mandatory.
- Engineering school or not feel free to apply we won’t ask you for your diploma but for real world experience.
- Fluent in English - it is our business language
Why should you apply?
- Exciting time to join Spendesk in terms of growth and opportunities -> we are entering hyper-growth!
- Flexible working hours & remote working possible
- Competitive salary package
- Tea, coffee and snacks available in the office
- Virtual Thursday socials with the team
- We usually have bi-annual company wide parties
- Brand-new offices in the heart of Paris, Berlin & London
- How have we adapted our process to make it remote friendly?
- Well the good news is that we are still hiring! We’ve got quite a few finance teams to help spend smarter after all...
What you can expect from our recruitment process:
- 1. A video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Partners to fully understand your career aspirations and answer any questions you have
- 2. A series of videos calls with members of the team to align on what they will expect from you, and assess your technical skills and job fit
- 3. A final video call with the Hiring Manager / Head of our our C-levels, CEO included to review any remaining questions