- Date Posted
- Jun. 1, 2021
- Financial Services
Who are we?
As a team, we’re driven by our values and our focus on big growth. We’re an ambitious, international group with 30 nationalities represented today. At the heart, we believe people do their best work when they’re given freedom to thrive and grow. Thinking big, bringing a positive attitude, and taking full ownership are three characteristics that thread our team together.
Founded in 2016, Spendesk today already serves thousands of businesses in Europe and the US. More than 275 Spendeskers work across our four offices in Paris, Berlin, London and San Francisco, as well as full remote.
And our tribe is growing fast. Come join us on this journey.
Our culture in a nutshell:
Ownership - Daring - Caring - Positivity
Let’s start with a bit of context:
Spendesk officially landed on the ground in the UK in early 2020. In that time, our team has grown (3x), we’ve found a home in the heart of Shoreditch, and most importantly, get to spend every day speaking with the most dynamic and exciting finance leaders in the UK.
As one of Spendesk’s 3 core European markets (alongside France and Germany), we have bold ambitions for our team in the UK. We know the road ahead won’t always be plain sailing, so that’s why we’re on the look out for an SDR who is willing to, like us, dare to bring about a better way for every company to spend money.
- There should be no limits to your creativity when it comes to outbound prospecting campaigns (emails, cold calls, video-mails, social selling, events) to generate leads on well-identified target markets to achieve your monthly targets of new opportunities created.
- Own the full sales development cycle, from initial engagement to qualified opportunity (This is not a meeting booking game). Therefore you are comfortable navigating from small to medium-sized businesses to multiple stakeholders and decision makers.
- Leverage our in-house built sales methodology whilst providing feedback and ideas on new tactics and techniques that can bring future growth to Spendesk.
- Build relationships with cross-functional teams such as Customer Success, Marketing and Product to better solve your prospects problems today, and anticipate their new challenges tomorrow.
- Be the eyes and ears on the ground by helping us identify new and exciting verticals and segments for us to explore.
What we’re looking for:
- We don’t care to which fancy business school you went, we are interested in smart, driven and ambitious sales players who are fearless on the phone and capable of driving results through activity.
- You have one year of experience in cold calling B2B prospects with a focus on outbound prospecting, ideally in a SMB environment
- Strong and eloquent communicator - you are able to influence your stakeholders and adapt your speech to all levels including C-Level prospects
- A great listener, this is about finding the breach and advise clients with a solution-oriented selling mindset
- Resilience: calling is like a game to you and you are always aiming for more wins
- Team player - honesty, trust and care is your second nature
What we offer our team:
- Subsidy for travelling to and from our Shoreditch office.
- Regular team building activities - including drinks and pizza every Thursday after our Company Town Hall meetings.
- We believe in a global sales team, so you’ll have opportunities to travel between our FR, DE and UK offices (COVID Permitting).
How daring are you? Instead of sharing a cover letter, why don’t you send us a quick video of you explaining why you are the right person for this job!
Why should you apply?
- Exciting time to join Spendesk in terms of growth and opportunities -> we are entering hyper-growth!
- Flexible working hours & remote working for everyone
- Seamless fully remote onboarding and ramp up
- Competitive salary package and equity
- Tea, coffee and snacks available in the office
- Virtual Thursday socials with the team
- We usually have bi-annual offsite trips (when in lockdown: we are sticking to virtual team days)
- Brand-new offices in the heart of Paris, Berlin & London
- How have we adapted our process during the Coronavirus crisis?
Well the good news is that we are still hiring! And when we say hiring, we mean hiring 180 Spendeskers by the end of the year! We’ve got quite a few finance teams to help spend smarter after all...
What you can expect from our recruitment process:
- 1. A video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Partners to fully understand your career aspirations and answer any questions you have
- 2. A series of videos calls with members of the team to align on what they will expect from you, and assess your technical skills and job fit
- 3. A final video call with the Hiring Manager / Head of our our C-levels, CEO included to review any remaining questions