- Date Posted
- Aug. 31, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
We’re an ambitious, international team with more than 30 nationalities represented today. We believe that people do their best work when they’re given the freedom to thrive and grow. Thinking big, bringing a positive attitude, and taking full ownership are three characteristics that thread our team together.
Founded in 2016, Spendesk today serves thousands of businesses in Europe and the US. More than 300 Spendeskers already work across our four offices in Paris, Berlin, London and San Francisco.
And we’re growing fast. Come join us!
At Spendesk we are not afraid to challenge the status quo. In 2017, to help our customers quickly we went on the market with a react native app. The user experience of this app was not meeting our expectations, so after the first fundraising in 2018, we spent a year doing a complete rewrite from a react native to a native iOS and Android app. We officially sunset the react native application last year after migrating all our clients without any bugs.
If you join us don’t tell us how you code today. We hire the best so they can tell us how to code tomorrow. As featured in articles like this one, Spendesk is leading the trend of the FinTech Mobile experience.
Extend and maintain the mobile app features. The mobile app is used by thousands of users. It’s an entry point for key Spendesk features like strong authentication, virtual card creation, manager approval flow, real-time physical card management and much more. We keep adding new features every quarter as we believe in a mobile approach.
Start with Why? We are looking for analytical people who can understand and solve complex problems, challenge priority and make decisions based on data.
Solve for the customer. We are a customer-centric company. You will work with a dedicated product manager, a designer and the support team to provide a first in class user experience and build the best spending app ever made for businesses. Learn more on how developers impact the customer experience on medium.
Insist on the highest standards. You will develop on a 1-year recent code that encapsulates best practices like Clean Architecture pattern, Rx, Realm, Dagger, Retrofit and the latest technologies (Swift for iOS and Kotlin for Android). You will release quality and tested code to production. You will explore new technologies to stay up to date.
Be bold. In our fast-paced environment, every decision you’ll make may have a huge impact. You will work within our dedicated mobile squad on our native app.
Team player. There are already 4 mobile developers. As we grow, you’ll become a key member of the team, help more junior people to grow and become a trusted Spendesker.
- Our app is written in Kotlin, based on the Clean Architecture and MVVM architectures and is using Rx, Realm, Dagger, Retrofit and more
- We have both REST and GraphQL APIs
- Circle CI for continuous integration
What we’re looking for:
- At least 1 year of experience in native Android development.
- Kotlin is a plus but feel free to contact us if you worked with Java.
- Good knowledge of Android specificities (lifecycle, performance, network issues, etc.)
- Good knowledge in consuming REST or GraphQL APIs.
- Great UX/UI sensibility.
- Autonomy, fast learning and proactiveness.
Why should you apply?
- Exciting time to join Spendesk in terms of growth and opportunities -> we are entering hyper-growth!
- Flexible working hours & remote working possible
- Competitive salary package
- Tea, coffee and snacks available in the office
- Virtual Thursday socials with the team
- We usually have bi-annual offsite trips (when in lockdown: we are sticking to virtual team days)
- Brand-new offices in the heart of Paris, Berlin & London
- How have we adapted our process to make it remote friendly?
Well the good news is that we are still hiring! And when we say hiring, we mean hiring 180 Spendeskers by the end of the year! We’ve got quite a few finance teams to help spend smarter after all...
What you can expect from our recruitment process:
- 1. A video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Partners to fully understand your career aspirations and answer any questions you have
- 2. A series of videos calls with members of the team to align on what they will expect from you, and assess your technical skills and job fit
- 3. A final video call with the Hiring Manager / Head of our our C-levels, CEO included to review any remaining questions