- Date Posted
- Nov. 30, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
We are on a mission to liberate businesses and people to do their best work.
We are an ambitious, international team with more than 30 nationalities represented today. We believe that people do their best work when they’re given the freedom to thrive and grow. Thinking big, bringing a positive attitude, and taking full ownership are three characteristics that thread our team together.
Founded in 2016 Spendesk today serves thousands of businesses in Europe and the US, and we recently raised €100m in a Series C funding round. Our team of 350+ Spendeskers, is spread across four offices in Paris, Berlin, London and San Francisco, alongside many teammates working remotely from various cities in Europe.
And we’re growing fast. Come join us!
As part of the Growth & Expansion tribe, you will contribute to creating the next act of Spendesk and our future product growth model. You will face tens of challenges: from creating our new in-product onboarding flow, drastically simplifying the set-up experience of an account, to introducing rock-solid tech architectures to splitting our monolith codebase into isolated services one led by product domains - which will require creativity, impactful product decisions, and solid technical expertise. You will be part of one of the squads of the tribe composed of a Product Manager, a Product Designer, and multiple software engineers (frontend, backend, fullstack).
As an engineer, you will be responsible to implement secure, reliable, and scalable solutions. Your work will focus on developing end-to-end features and improving our technical architecture. We put a strong emphasis on ownership, every engineer is the owner of the technical design phase, the development, testing, documentation, deployment, and maintainability of their work.
And because your work is not only about writing code, you will also have a high degree of implication in product decisions, participate in key tech choices, and collaborate with various teammates. Feeling part of a team, making it better every day, and having an impact on something big is your mantra!
Our stack is mainly composed of Node, React, TypeScript, MySQL & PostgreSQL, AWS (SQS, S3, Glacier, ...), Terraform & Kubernetes, and GitHub (even for the CI).
What we’re looking for
- Experience in building and consuming REST and/or GraphQL APIs
- Passionate about product aspects, transforming ambiguous needs into concrete and impactful technical solutions: you love tackling challenges
- Willing to be fully part of a team, collaborative, creative, and force of proposal
- Willing to share your knowledge with others, and grow
- Autonomy, fast-learning, and proactiveness
- Fluent in written and spoken English - it is our business language
- Having a first experience in a scale-up environment is a plus
- As we are an international team, please submit your application and CV in English.
- Exciting time to join Spendesk in terms of growth and opportunities
- Competitive compensation package with equity (everyone is an owner of the company!)
- Flexible and remote-friendly work environment
- The best equipment for your needs (Macbook Pro, secondary screen, ...)
- Internal social events (hackathon, company-wide parties, offsite, ...)
- Brand-new offices in the heart of Paris, Berlin & London
- A purple Spendesk card (for your work purchases)!
- And more!
What you can expect from the process:
- 1. A video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Partners to fully understand your career aspirations and answer any questions you have
- 2. A series of videos calls with members of the team to align on what they will expect from you, and assess your technical skills and job fit
- 3. A final video call with the Hiring Manager / Head of our C-levels, CEO included to review any remaining questions