- New York
- Date Posted
- Nov. 2, 2021
- Data Science
- Business Applications
The Squarespace Product Data team is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to create scalable solutions that democratize data for timely, accurate and informed decision-making. The team is responsible for building and maintaining data pipelines and advanced analytical products to empower Product Managers, Analysts, and Data Scientists. The Product Data team solves problems to increase new user acquisition, keep existing customers engaged, and optimize the overall user experience.
In this role, you’ll join a cross functional team of Data Scientists and Engineers focused on extracting new datasets, creating predictive models, and abstracting user behaviors into meaningful quantitative frameworks.
You will report directly to the Manager of Product Data Engineering and Data Science based in our NYC office.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
You’ll Get To…
- Develop data workflows to ingest, validate, and model data to support analytics and modeling needs
- Identify, build and refine processes to make pipeline implementations faster, simpler, and reliable for Product Engineering, Data Scientists, and Analysts
- Set timeliness and correctness goals for our data pipelines, maintain sufficient monitoring & coverage to ensure that incidents and outages are mitigated appropriately
- Work with data consumers to identify self-service opportunities, and make sure they have access to the data they need to make decisions
- Collaborate with Data Scientists to implement descriptive, forecasting, and predictive algorithms and models using latest technologies
- Contribute to the technical roadmap for the Product Data program, and help set priorities for work across the team
- Participate in architectural decisions across Squarespace; identify strategic technical gaps in our ecosystem and advocate for solutions over workarounds
- Be accountable for technical delivery and work with your team and stakeholders on strategy and execution
- Help guide the team towards best practices, and mentor teammates
Who We’re Looking For
- Experience building data pipelines and API integrations using Python, Java, or Scala, and SQL
- Strong systems design knowledge; you know how to architect data pipelines and how storage and compute fit together
- Prior experience making large datasets accessible; familiarity with Hive and Spark is a plus
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform or other cloud providers is a plus
- 4+ years of industry experience
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch and snacks
- Private rooftop
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our suite of products enables anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management via Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to best-in-class design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California and Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.