- New York
- Date Posted
- Sep. 29, 2021
- Design & UI
- Business Applications
Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart that enables anyone to build a beautiful online presence. Product designers at Squarespace are embedded within teams alongside product managers and engineers. Our product teams are deeply collaborative, and each member is directly responsible for the team’s success.
We are looking for a Product Design Manager to lead our Asset, Brand and Styling teams, who design products that allow our users to manage their digital assets, build and maintain their brand and seamlessly integrate style editing throughout their website-building experience. You will be challenged in an organization that values vision, execution and creativity. You will partner deeply with Product and Engineering to set the strategy and outcomes that empower your teams to solve customer and business problems.
This role reports to the Sr Director of Product Design, Presence. NY based preferred.
- Inspire and challenge a team of designers to push the impact and quality of their work
- Grow and scale the Asset, Brand and Styling Design Team by partnering with Recruiting throughout the hiring process
- Support the designers on your team by setting clear goals, managing workloads, and ensuring their overall happiness
- Work with designers and teams to ensure the best, most relevant processes and practices are employed and evolved as necessary
- Create rational, articulable, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Collaborate with product management, engineering and research
- Continually seek to understand the capabilities and technical constraints of the systems with which you’ll be working
- Help drive strategy in the areas you manage, including competitive research and pushing to leverage potential opportunities
- Participate in user research and testing, ensuring usability and product consistency
- Follow both large and small projects through, beyond delivery
- Keep your finger on the pulse of industry trends in order to help drive our brand and product forward
- 8+ years of digital/product design experience
- 3+ years of management experience leading seasoned designers
- Well versed in, and opinionated about visual and user experience design
- Well rounded understanding of information architecture
- Great taste and aesthetic sensibility
- Love of iterative development
- A solid understanding of how web and mobile applications work
- A deep-seated awareness of what makes a great product experience
- Ability to focus in an ever-shifting internal and external landscape
A portfolio of relevant work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your past management experience in guiding your teams through work, as well as your contributions to solving specific product problems.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation and paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.