- Date Posted
- Sep. 14, 2021
- Design & UI
- Business Applications
About the position
As a Designer on the Design Systems team, you will contribute to the creation and evolution of our robust design system. You’ll design foundational patterns, UI components, documentation, tools, and processes that enable product designers and engineers at Tock to create consistent, accessible, and high quality user experiences across both our guest experience and customer dashboard.
More about the team: Our Design Systems team is a small team of two, which means you’ll join with plenty of opportunity to help shape and grow the team, our processes, and the design system itself.
The Design Systems Designer position can be located in Chicago or work remote from anywhere in the USA.
All Tock employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
What we’re looking for
- At least 2 years of experience working with and contributing to design systems and a portfolio to demonstrate
- You’re comfortable prototyping in Figma and/or code
- You have strong verbal and writing communication skills
- You have knowledge of web accessibility standards
What you’ll do
- Plan and execute design system priorities with your design teammates
- Design and collaborate on the creation of new components
- Document and communicate how components function and encourage the adoption of those components and the entire design system to our product team
- Create processes and tools inside Figma that make designing with our design system enjoyable and effortless
- Learn how existing components are being used by us and our users and how they can be improved
- Participate in user research and testing to further understand what our customers and users want and how our design system can help
- Partner with your design teammates on their projects, pushing them to create beautiful UIs that take full advantage of our design system
- Provide candid, constructive design feedback to your teammates and their projects
- Stay up-to-date with current design trends and technologies to constantly propose or question how our team, tools, and product can evolve
- Support new design teammates with design system onboarding and training
Tock is the all-in-one system for reservations, takeout, delivery, and events. We are changing the wya restaurants, wineries, and culinary event organizers run their business and how guests explore, discover, and book at these places all around the globe.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,300 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.