- New York
- Date Posted
- Jun. 2, 2021
- Design & UI
- Business Applications
At Squarespace, our brand is a top priority. From our celebrity-driven Super Bowl commercials (Keanu Reeves, Dolly Parton, John Malkovich, Idris Elba), to our quarterly advertising campaigns, we invest in work that is visible, talked about and beautifully crafted.
As we continue to build our award-winning in-house creative team, we’re looking for a Senior Art Director who is strategically fluent, conceptually strong and has serious hands-on design chops. This person should be able to work across TV, short and long-form video, OOH, social, digital, partnerships and more.
This role reports to the Creative Director in our New York headquarters. All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Develop and produce conceptually-driven campaigns with a high degree of craft.
- Balance conceptual and hands-on design responsibilities. “Big idea” people who can’t execute need not apply.
- Ensure that every brief, large or small, meets our creative standards and business goals.
- Collaborate with other art directors, copywriters, designers, motion designers and producers, as well as external production partners.
- 5+ years of experience as an advertising art director at agencies, studios or in-house.
- A portfolio that shows strong strategic and conceptual campaign thinking applied across a range of deliverables, including TV/video.
- Impeccable taste, as well as a practitioner’s background in design.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and other modern design tools.
- Ability to create compelling presentations and sell work to stakeholders.
- Broad awareness of trends in culture and technology.
- Experience running productions and partnering with directors, photographers, motion designers and illustrators.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.