- Date Posted
- Dec. 14, 2021
- Design & UI
- Business Applications
We are looking for product minded engineers with a deep understanding of HTML, CSS, UI/UX design, and how to build accessible and usable web applications utilizing modern technologies & paradigms.
Who we are & what we do
CustOps Engineering (CONG) builds rich, modern applications, services and integrations that powers the growth and facilitates the success of the Customer Operations organization. We partner with teams across the company to define and solve complex problems -- we’re the wizards behind the curtain. This role reports to the Team Lead, CustOps Engineering.
You’ll contribute by
- Collaborating with users, backend engineers and product owners to create efficient, accessible, and enjoyable user experiences across our suite of tools.
- Helping shape our frontend tech stack to align with our product & technical roadmap.
- Practicing and advocating for disciplined software engineering (e.g. SLOs, automated testing, code reviews, and writing maintainable, readable code).
- Adding to our engineering excellence via mentoring of frontend best practices.
What were looking for
- 5+ years of experience leading the building of reliable, usable, and performant web applications.
- A specialist in, and advocate for, the frontend of the web.
- Thrives in the execution of details. Driven by desires for consistency, efficiency, and quality.
- Self-motivated and eager to lead and collaborate with teammates across departments.
- User-focused problem solver. Prioritizes the needs of a user while building engineering tools.
- Experience with Responsive Design best practices
- Design & UX sensibilities. You’re pixel perfect and put the users first at all times.
- Experience with wireframing/prototyping tools like Figma, Sketch, etc.
PLUSES (absolutely not required)
- Experience working with a pre-built design system (ex. Ant, Bootstrap, etc.)
- Backend experience with modern frameworks (ex. Django, Rails, Elixir, etc.)
- Accessibility expertise
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.