- New York
- Date Posted
- Nov. 8, 2021
- Design & UI
- Business Applications
Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart that enables anyone to build a beautiful online presence. Product designers at Squarespace are embedded within teams alongside product managers and engineers. Our product teams are deeply collaborative, and each member is directly responsible for the team’s success.
We’re looking for detail-oriented Senior Product Designers who thrive by diving into the weeds of complex systems and have a love for iterative design. We’re hiring across a few teams such as Commerce, Core Website Builder, International and Unfold. You will have a great deal of autonomy in evolving your product area while also working with product managers, engineers, content strategy and research.
You will report to one of our Product Design leaders based on which product area might be the best fit.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Improve and iterate on existing design solutions
- Create rational, articulable, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Think holistically about the user journey and product ecosystem
- Seek to understand the capabilities and technical constraints of the systems with which you’ll be working
- Design concepts for the platform that are usable and educational
- Contribute to OKRs, product strategy, vision, and roadmap by working with PM and Engineering partners from concept and discovery through to delivery and beyond
- Collaborate with up-stream and down-stream product teams to ensure a consistent user journey
- Be data-driven and have an interest in measuring and improving the experience
- Facilitate user research and testing, ensuring usability and product consistency
- 5+ years of experience
- Affinity for interaction design and an eye for subtle details
- Experience in the UX process inclusive of research, visual design and prototyping
- Use a systems approach to design
- Love of iterative development
- Knowledge of current trends in design and technology
- Deep passion for our product and the impact that it has in the world
- A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement and how you contributed to solving specific problems.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.