- Date Posted
- Sep. 14, 2021
- Design & UI
- Business Applications
About the position
As a Senior Product Designer on the Customers team at Tock, you’ll lead and collaborate on our most important projects and biggest opportunities. You’ll dream up new, unique tools for our customers, from an all-in-one reservation, event, and takeout system, to powerful payment and financial tools, to personalized guest management tools. You’ll explore how we can take advantage of our new partnership with Squarespace, including how we can create an integrated booking and scheduling product for their customers. You’ll work on these projects from start to finish, contributing to the upfront strategic and exploratory work to the polishing of beautiful, finished UI designs.
More about the Customers team: Chefs and restaurateurs are willing to innovate in the kitchen, drill service to perfection, and spend gobs of money on the design and decor of their space, but often forget that business operations and innovation are just as critical as the food they serve and hospitality they provide. And that’s exactly what our Customers team is responsible for. We’re helping businesses run better businesses. We’re creating powerful, transformative, and easy-to-use tools that challenge the status quo and change how restaurants, wineries, and culinary businesses operate—dramatically for the better.
The Senior Product Designer position can be located in Chicago or work remote from anywhere in the USA.
All Tock employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
What we’re looking for
- At least 5 years of experience designing and shipping products with a portfolio to demonstrate
- Experience designing native or web-based SaaS products
- Experience working with and contributing to established design systems
What you’ll do
- Explore ideas and solutions to some of our most exciting and important challenges
- Partner with our Researchers to uncover insights and data that inspires ideas
- Create prototypes to test and validate your ideas
- Produce intuitive, beautiful, and user-centered designs
- Work alongside your Engineering teammates to see projects through
Tock is the all-in-one system for reservations, takeout, delivery, and events. We are changing the wya restaurants, wineries, and culinary event organizers run their business and how guests explore, discover, and book at these places all around the globe.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,300 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Tock’s explosive growth
- Awarded Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies” for 2021
- Awarded Built In’s “2021 Best Places to Work”
- Awarded America’s Hottest Brands of 2020 by AdAge
- Won Chicago Tribune’s “Game Changer” Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed over $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Named one of 2019’s 50 Startups to Watch
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain’s Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance)
- 401k + employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefit in the form of pretax (US)
Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Tock, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.