- New York
- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
- Design & UI
- Business Applications
Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart whose mission is to be the all-in-one platform for anyone who wants to stand out. We are looking for a talented Staff Product Designer to help guide the direction of the future of our platform. You will be challenged in an organization that values vision, execution, and persistence. You will take ownership of our product by solving complex problems in simple, elegant ways.
The Design Platform team creates and implements the Squarespace design system. We’re the connective thread that enables product teams to rapidly design and build a consistent user experience and interface across our platform by providing components, frameworks, documentation, and tooling.
You’ll work with designers and engineers on the Design Platform team to refine the Squarespace design language, and evolve the future of our products. You’re familiar and comfortable with the challenges of working with design systems, and able to articulate and inspire quality and craft across our platform.
You’ll report to the Product Design Manager, Design Platform. Join our team and help define the Squarespace design system.
- Drive the evolution of Squarespace’s visual language and user experience
- Advocate for the design system with product teams and across the organization
- Help develop and reinforce best practices and processes for the design system team
- Design and define interaction patterns through components, documentation, and prototypes
- Work with developers to maintain and create new components for our library
- Drive alignment, manage stakeholders and participate in defining project scope, timelines, and deliverables
- Collaborate closely with Engineering, Content Strategy, User Research and Product Management teams
- Directly partner and support Squarespace product designers in utilizing the design system
- Think holistically about the user experience and product ecosystem regardless of scope
- Participate in user research and testing, ensuring usability and product consistency
- Create work that scales and flexes across a variety of global audiences, abilities, devices, platforms and meets accessibility standards
- Specify and maintain our core principles in visual style, typography, spacing, motion, and interaction models
- Reinforce consistency and coherence across our design system, and identify areas for improvements
- 8+ years of Product Design experience with user experience and visual design
- Experience designing with a systematic approach for consumer-facing digital products
- Accuracy and obsessive attention to details, and fundamentals
- Highly collaborative and communicative
- Ability to articulate and drive clarity from ambiguity
- Autonomous, self-starter that takes ownership and drives work forward
- Thoughtful about inclusive design and accessibility
- Experience participating in or facilitating user testing and research
- Understands impact of design decisions and how to create meaningful product value
- Developed presentation skills with the ability to tailor your context to the audience
- A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement and how you contributed to solving specific problems.
Our Product Design team is made up of designers from a variety of backgrounds and we value the diverse perspective this brings; therefore, we do not require a certain degree (Bachelor’s, Master’s) in order to be considered.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.