- New York
- Date Posted
- Jun. 1, 2021
- Design & UI
- Business Applications
Staff Product Designer, Mobile App
Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart whose mission is to be the all-in-one platform for anyone who wants to stand out. You will be challenged in an organization that values vision, execution, and persistence. You will take ownership of our product by solving complex problems in simple, elegant ways. Product designers at Squarespace are embedded within product teams that are deeply collaborative, and each member is directly responsible for the team’s success.
We’re looking for a Staff Product Designer to join our Mobile team within the Presence organization. In this role, you will lead the vision and strategy of our mobile application, which is a combination of our CMS, Commerce, and Analytics products. We have a bold vision to create the best mobile companion to monitor, maintain, and grow our customer’s online presence and business.
You will report to the Senior Product Design Manager, Presence.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Lead the product design of our Mobile app on iOS and Android by delivering world-class solutions that serve our customers current and future needs
- Contribute to OKRs, product strategy, vision, and roadmap by working closely with PM and Engineering partners.
- Define problems, identify insights, and measure solutions through deep collaboration with Research and Product Analytics
- Collaborate closely with other designers and Content Strategy on evolving solutions
- Contribute to thought leadership as a senior member of the design team by providing feedback, direction, and support
- Provide mentorship and coaching to junior members of the team
- This role has the potential to manage a small team
- 8+ years of experience with strong examples of shipping native mobile and mobile web products
- Experience driving mobile strategy and “mobile-first” thinking with a strong perspective on complementary desktop/mobile experiences
- Strong technical and usability knowledge of mobile considerations for iOS and Android
- Systems thinker with experience operating within and contributing to a design system
- Able to build strong cross-functional partnerships and successful executive stakeholder management
- Strong storytelling and presentation skills
- A discerning eye for world-class visual design craftsmanship
- Deep passion for our product and the impact that it has in the world
- A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement and how you contributed to solving specific problems.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.