- Date Posted
- Oct. 25, 2021
- Design & UI
- Business Applications
The Tock Marketing team is looking for a Visual Motion Designer with a strong background in graphic design, animation, and a love for all things food and dining. You will be responsible for designing cutting-edge concepts, motion, and interactive experiences that connect our customers to guests. You will also be producing visual design materials (even ones without motion): such as ads, email newsletters, sales collateral, social posts, and landing pages as needed. The team is a small but mighty crew of 10. We are tasked with the exciting responsibility of growing Tock’s brand and building awareness for our company and product. We are creative, nimble, and passionate about helping our customers, supporting our sales team, and attracting guests to discover and book great dining experiences.
You would join as the third designer on the Marketing team, but would also be part of our larger, collaborative, cross-functional Product Design team. Although we may hold different responsibilities, we support each other and explore ideas and projects together, because our mission, brand, and visual identity touch and impact everything we do.
You will report directly to the Design Lead and will be based in Chicago.
All Squarespace and Tock employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
You’ll Get To…
- Design a wide range of projects from ads, email newsletters, sales collateral, and social posts, to collaborating on websites, landing pages, and larger campaigns
- Create branded animations to enhance collateral through motion
- Contribute to our guest outreach efforts and explore creative ways we can increase awareness and engagement—think editorial content, travel guides, dining newsletters, restaurant spotlights, interviews with chefs, behind-the-scenes interviews
- Support our sales team with communication assets so they can more powerfully pitch Tock and onboard new restaurants
- Work independently and collaboratively on projects and tasks to support the marketing team
- Bring ideas that would level-up our visual brand while maintaining a high standard across all projects
- Collaborate internally with sales, account management, and design teams
- Keep up with and set trends in the reservation/experiences space
- Source, prepare, and maintain photo assets for marketing/design projects
Who We’re Looking For
- 3-5 years of experience as a design generalist with a background in 2D animation and motion graphics
- Stellar portfolio that demonstrates great typography, layout and motion—all of which showcases creative problem solving through the lens of a compelling visual identity
- Eager to work in a fast-paced environment that allows you to take on many responsibilities and own many projects
- Strong organizational skills, can manage multiple projects, and are comfortable working towards deadlines
- Excited to learn new mediums, software, and techniques—we value and encourage a do-it-yourself mindset
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, Figma/Sketch, Adobe After Effects
- A bonus for Final Cut Pro and/or Adobe Premiere
Benefits & Perks
- Full benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance)
- 401k + employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefit in the form of pretax (US)
- Awarded Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies” for 2021
- Awarded Built In’s “2021 Best Places to Work”
- Awarded America’s Hottest Brands of 2020 by AdAge
- Won Chicago Tribune’s “Game Changer” Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed over $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Named one of 2019’s 50 Startups to Watch
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain’s Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our suite of products enables anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management via Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to best-in-class design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California and Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Tock, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.