- New York
- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
- Business Applications
Given the scale, velocity, and global nature of Squarespace’s business, the process of capturing, managing, and reporting financial data is an incredibly complex problem. Because of this, Squarespace is seeking a seasoned professional to lead our Financial Systems function. Revenue producing transactions must be processed accurately and expeditiously. Enabling Squarespace’s continued growth calls for acquiring top talent that’s diverse in both finance and technology.
You will report directly to our Chief Financial Officer and be based in our New York headquarters.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Innovate on behalf of the Finance team to scale and automate highly critical recurring financial processes
- Partner with internal stakeholders in Finance, Technology, and supporting organizations to define and deliver end to end process and systems architecture for enterprise wide initiatives
- Own, lead and manage projects and the system development life cycle; review, clarify, and/or test deliverables; work with the Finance team to define requirements, conduct needs analysis, determine project specifications, identify solutions, and implement recommendations
- Identify and build use cases for opportunities to enable automated and integrated reporting and visualization
- Design and build a portfolio of custom financial systems and applications from scratch as well as audit and improve existing legacy systems
- Develop system-based solutions for process improvements within the Finance Department
- Act as liaison between the Finance and the Technology departments; manage relationships with vendors/consultants
- Coordinate with Financial Reporting and Other Departments to ensure that pertinent financial information is accurately and timely incorporated in the Company’s Ledger
- Develop and maintain reports and allocations to meet customer needs and service
- Shaping 3rd party vendor produced product to meet internal needs
- Apply accounting and auditing principles and techniques to ensure that data integrity, internal controls, and audit trails are appropriately maintained throughout all applications
- Develop, update and maintain all documentation related to financial systems
- Maintain, continuously improve and support systems on an ongoing basis
- 15+ years of experience building custom finance systems, preferably accounting, billing and order to revenue recognition applications in a global organization
- Prior experience acting as liaison between finance and technology/engineering departments
- Experience designing and leading the implementation of in-house development of key financial systems, with order through revenue recognition experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of FP&A activities, with a process improvement mindset. Demonstrated work experience with integrating custom financial applications’ data / workflows to third party corporate financial systems (Netsuite, Adaptive, Kryiba, Coupa, or similar applications).
- Experience with high volume customer fulfillment.
- Experience implementing and driving large scale initiatives
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,300 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.