- New York
- Date Posted
- Jun. 2, 2021
- Business Applications
Squarespace is looking for a Revenue Accountant to support our growing accounting operations team. You are a detail oriented individual who thrives in a fast paced environment. You will be based in our NYC Headquarters and report to the Accounting Lead.
You will be based in our NYC Headquarters and report into the Accounting Lead.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Help with the end-to-end accounting close for our subscription revenue business
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations in compliance with ASC 606
- Prepare flux analyses and other analytics to help review the monthly results
- Coordinate with the financial engineering teams to investigate system bugs, quantify materiality, and test system changes before deployment
- Assist with internal and external audit requests and maintain documentation to support a SOX compliant controls environment
- Support new business initiatives by developing efficient and scalable accounting processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance
- 3+ years of experience in an accounting role in a SaaS environment
- Experience with ASC 606
- Technically minded individual comfortable with communicating accounting
- Requirements to engineers
- Excellent Excel skills required and comfortability with large data sets
- Experience with ERP systems required (NetSuite )
- Familiarity with SQL
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.