- Date Posted
- Nov. 16, 2021
- Business Applications
Tock is looking for an experienced Senior Financial Analyst to add to our growing Finance department. You will play an integral role on the finance team by performing advanced analytical analysis to develop, improve, and maintain key financial and accounting reports. You will also collaborate with and assist other business segments to help drive efficiencies and ensure financial goals are achieved. To be successful in this role you must possess strong analytical skills, be well versed in Excel, and show great attention to detail.
You will report directly to the Director of Finance and will be based in Chicago.
All Squarespace and Tock employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
You’ll Get To…
- Partner on the development, automation/improvement, and maintenance of regularly used financial reports
- Actively assist in building and maintaining accounting system and internal databases
- Assist in the preparation and management of annual, quarterly, and monthly forecast cycles
- Prepare advanced models to track financial and operational performance metrics
- Interact with Tock customers to help troubleshoot their financial questions or concerns
- Collaborate internally with other functional departments to strategize, troubleshoot issues, and drive operational efficiencies. The Tock finance team regularly works with the following departments: Engineering, Account Management, Sales, HR, Hospitality, Marketing, Design and Business Development
Who We’re Looking For
- 3-5 years of financial services experience in Corporate Finance, Investment Banking, or Consulting
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher, ideally in finance or accounting
- Advanced Excel skills - Excel test will be given as part of application process
- Strong work ethic and high level of professionalism
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Candidate must possess the ability to breakdown complex analytical matter to finance and non-finance counterparts
- Exemplary attention to detail in regards to financial analysis and accounting related items
- Exceptional analytical and modeling skills with the ability to synthesize and analyze data to create useful information and concise analysis
- Nice to have: Experience with NetSuite, Google Big Query or similar BI tools, SQL
How To Apply
- Submit a resume and cover letter below. Cover letter should address the prompts below, and be under 500 words in total.
- Please explain why you would like to join the Finance team at Tock, and why your skillset is a good fit for this role.
- Provide an example of a professional experience within the past three years in which your analysis and work created a positive change at your company.
Benefits & Perks
- Full benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance)
- 401k + employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefit in the form of pretax (US)
- Awarded Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies” for 2021
- Awarded Built In’s “2021 Best Places to Work”
- Awarded America’s Hottest Brands of 2020 by AdAge
- Won Chicago Tribune’s “Game Changer” Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed over $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Named one of 2019’s 50 Startups to Watch
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain’s Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
Tock is the all-in-one system for reservations, takeout, delivery, and events. We are changing the way restaurants, wineries, and culinary event organizers run their business and how guests explore, discover, and book at these places all around the globe.
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our suite of products enables anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management via Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to best-in-class design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California and Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Tock, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.