- New York
- Date Posted
- Nov. 8, 2021
- Business Applications
Squarespace is known for our award-winning design, new technology, memorable marketing campaigns, and the teams that power it all behind the scenes. Our Total Reward team drives cash, equity, perks and benefits for all employees around the world and plays a crucial role as we enter new markets. We’re looking for a Compensation Manager to join our team. You will report to the future Head of Total Rewards and can be based remotely in an approved state (see application question below for approved locations)
The Director, Global Compensation is responsible for the development, delivery and evaluation of global compensation policies, processes and programs, ensuring alignment with Squarespace compensation philosophy. The Director will work closely with the Head of Total Rewards to ensure programs align with the overall Total Rewards, HR and Business strategy and to ensure that the strategy and programs align globally and are legally compliant. This is a leadership position within the department and will be responsible for driving alignment and gaining support from key stakeholders and business unit leaders.
Our New York and LA offices are open to volunteers who are fully vaccinated, while other Squarespace employees continue to work remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees. The company is scheduled to have a full return to office on March 1st 2022 for those employees who are designated as flex space employees.
- Through external benchmarking, you’ll develop, implement and maintain competitive cash compensation and equity structures, ensuring we have the data and processes in place to maintain great compensation packages as the company continues to scale across geographies.
- You’ll provide subject matter expertise and recommendations for Equity matters including Executive Compensation
- You’ll use a combination of internal and external data to improve compensation practices across multiple countries.
- You’ll research compensation trends and leverage your findings to improve our decisions.
- You’ll conduct in-depth analysis to model the financial (e.g., cost, dilution) and talent (e.g., attrition, hiring) effects of compensation decisions; make recommendations for compensation strategy and processes based on findings
- You’ll work closely with business leaders, Recruiting, HR Business Partners, Legal and Finance to provide guidance and interpretation on Public company compliance and governance, compensation challenges and recommend solutions.
- You’ll partner with Finance and Head of Total Rewards on compensation budget and forecast
- You’ll partner with internal stakeholders on executive compensation
- You’ll partner with internal stakeholders on Compensation Committee activity
- You’ll manage a team of two
- You’ll perform internal gap analysis to market.
- You’ll manage the annual compensation review process for more than 1500 employees globally.
- You’ll manage equity administration
- You’ll provide consultation to department leaders and senior managers on appropriate salary levels and ranges for jobs and positions.
- You’ll ensure compliance with regulatory filings and updates, notices, mandates, audits, non-discrimination testing, and employee records.
- You’ll be used to working with changing priorities.
- You’ll have the maturity, integrity, and respect to handle sensitive data.
- You’ll have a sense of humor.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years work experience in compensation preferably in technology, finance or consulting sectors
- 5+ years experience with domestic and international Equity and Cash compensation programs; design, modeling and implementation, inclusive of tool management for administration and employee support.
- 5+Years experience developing, implementing and administering incentive compensation programs including performance based equity compensation, sales incentive plans, and cash bonus programs.
- 5+ years of managing a team of compensation & equity analysts and administrators
- M&A experience: integrating disparate structures. Modeling employee retention approaches for key employees
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements in the US and international markets
- The ability to engage and influence Senior Leadership
- Advanced excel skills (can write advanced macros and maintain complex spreadsheets)
Benefits & perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch and snacks
- Private rooftop
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our suite of products enables anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management via Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to best-in-class design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California and Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.