- New York
- Date Posted
- Aug. 31, 2021
- Business Applications
Squarespace is seeking a Hospitality Manager, Workplace Services who will manage the office hospitality services within the Squarespace occupied space at our NYC location.
You will act as an expert and technical advisor reporting into the Director of Workplace Services. You will be responsible for, but not limited to, direct vendor supervision of all food services, event planning, space planning and flexible seating, sustainability and green initiatives to ensure a fully operational, exciting and service first environment. In this job, no two days are ever the same. You’ll use your knowledge, diligence and creativity to promote an engaging and award-winning office culture.
- Manage key vendor relationships (existing and new) and all contract services including but not limited to: food service, event planning, space coordination and sustainability.
- Lead the food and beverage program for nearly 1000+ employees including dietary restriction options, variety, wellness, etc.
- Develop and launch the dietician program.
- Oversee the daily operation of food service staff and process.
- Lead, create and manage components of our sustainability and green initiatives program. Be activity involved in our composting program, Green Team Program, Carbon Neutrality Program, etc.
- Oversee overall seating plan and neighborhood distinctions in partnership with the Director of Workplace Services. Work with various HR teams to understand and plan for proposed hiring plans and space needs.
- Project manage all moves an seating shifts with Facilities team
- Assist in planning and coordination of all COVID-19 regulation changes
- Oversee events services in partnership with the Experience team to provide event support for in-house events, catering, and security.
- Assist the team with managing the Workplace Services operating budget, vendor service agreements, and RFP processes, including obtaining vendor price quotes, preparing contracts and purchase orders, reviewing and approving invoices.
- Create and maintain workplace-related policies and procedures, including drafting and maintaining documentation on Squarespace’s Intranet
- Oversee Hospitality Program to include, but limited to Hoteling Concierge Program, Art Program, Supplies & Communal Amenities, Game Room, Boardgame Collection, Ping Pong Tables, Dog Program, Bike Program
- Provides oversight on ad hoc projects as they come along
- 7-10+ years of office hospitality experience demonstrating progressing responsibilities
- Experience forming relationships and leading negotiations with external vendors
- Excellent analytical capability related to cost, and process improvement
- Strong planning and organizational skills; adept problem-solving skills with focus on efficient, quick and consistent execution
- Advanced proficiency with Excel and/or Google Apps a must; experience with Atlassian’s Service Desk / JIRA ticketing system is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated project management skills
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 18 weeks of parental leave
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.