- New York
- Date Posted
- Oct. 7, 2021
- Business Applications
As our Legal Operations Manager, you will be a key member of Squarespace’s Legal team. You’ll identify opportunities for operational efficiencies and improve the effectiveness of the Legal department, and you’ll project manage those opportunities to completion. You will also help design and implement a legal operating strategy that matches the needs of the business and aligns with the team’s strategic objectives.
You will report directly to the General Counsel, based in NYC, and can be based remotely in an approved state (see application question below for approved locations).
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Design the strategy for the Legal team’s software from the RFP phase through implementation, ongoing review of usage, and management of the vendor relationships.
- Work closely with other stakeholders to automate, make self-service and otherwise drive commercial contracting processes.
- Review and document legal information and processes. For example, you will compile legal knowledge bases for use by the team and by internal clients.
- Maintain processes for certain company-wide trainings and policy management. You will also standardize Legal team processes such as personnel onboarding and the transitioning of matters between team members.
- Establish key metrics to track and communicate Legal team performance and the value that the team brings to the business.
- Coordinate communications and organize development programs for the Legal team, including but not limited to, leadership team meetings, all hands meetings, training programs and offsites.
- Help track and manage legal spend globally and assist with departmental budgeting and headcount planning.
- Assist with and manage other projects as needed.
- Stay knowledgeable on trends in legal software and best practices for effective legal operations.
- 8+ years of relevant experience; experience in a high-growth environment is advantageous.
- Demonstrated experience identifying and acting upon opportunities to improve processes and tools to enhance efficiency and drive results.
- Strong project management experience with a proven track record of completing projects on time and on budget.
- Proven track record of collaborating with all organizational layers of cross-functional groups (e.g., IT, InfoSec, Finance, Procurement, HR, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and maintaining cloud-based legal department technology solutions (e.g., contract management and self-service contracting, project management, corporate governance systems, e-discovery, e-billing, electronic document management and knowledge bases, etc.).
- Strong collaborator and communicator with the ability to influence stakeholders across departments.
- Proactive and able to work independently, with a strong ability to prioritize, project manage, meet deadlines, and adapt to the shifting demands of different situations.
- Organized with a close attention to detail.
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our suite of products enables anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management via Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to best-in-class design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California and Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch and snacks
- Private rooftop
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.