- New York
- Date Posted
- Oct. 25, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Business Applications
Squarespace is looking for product leaders to build products that help people with creative ideas succeed. We believe the next generation of business will compete by building outstanding brands and connecting directly with their customers: our suite of tools help them do that.
Unfold, an all-in-one app for social-first creators from Squarespace, is looking for a strategic and driven Product Lead to join our team. We serve millions of users around the world, and we’re looking for a senior product leader who can grow our platform using exceptional leadership, design, and data sense.
You will play a critical leadership role on a team focused on helping the next generation of creators succeed on social media. You will lead strategy for a core product of the Unfold platform, which is currently heavily used by millions of users and small businesses. You are excited by the future evolution of social media, and how people build their identities, businesses, and income streams using social networking tools today. You love working on ambiguous user problems and defining solutions with your engineering and design partners, and you’re now starting to manage and mentor other product managers in your career. You’ve already built out an impressive work history of building beloved consumer products, and you are driven by crafting compelling product strategies that win executives and colleagues over.
You’ll report to the Group Product Manager of Unfold at Squarespace.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Guide product development—from conception to launch—of the products and product solutions in your scope
- Establish and prioritize our product goals, share these priorities with larger development teams
- Develop an understanding of Unfold’s users by conducting research, data analysis, customer interviews, and usability testing
- Build relationships with engineers and designers to create extraordinary products
- Partner with marketing and acquisition to launch new products, with customer operations to develop excellent support for merchants, and with analytics to monitor engagement and evaluate product success
- 5+ years of experience developing technology-powered products for consumer and business SaaS companies
- Balance quantitative and qualitative methods of driving data to inform product strategy
- Figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed way
- Experience aligning different teams to achieve our business goals and outstanding user experiences
- You are deeply passionate and knowledgeable about social media content creators, their user problems, and how people today use social media to launch businesses in order to generate income and to create a sustainable lifestyle.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.