- New York
- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
- Product Management
- Business Applications
Squarespace is seeking an experienced and strategic marketer to increase Squarespace’s global visibility and perception within our competitive set via brand media investment.
You will translate strategic priorities into brand target, budget, and media strategy recommendations that drive measurable awareness and consideration lifts, working both with a best-in-class in-house media team and with local agency partners in key markets to plan, activate, measure, and optimize.
To do so, you will bring an expansive view of the ways in which media investment can drive brand impact, balancing traditional “media” executions (Video, Audio, Social, OOH, etc.) with a focus on influencer relationships, content marketing, and other innovative ways of building brand. While you constantly look to be on the forefront of what’s new, you also understand the importance of brand investment on the bottom line and enjoy partnering with Data and Analytics teams to understand the impact of your work on the user journey from initial awareness through to subscription and revenue.
This new role represents an opportunity to build on a strong foundation while taking advantage of a high-growth environment. It reports into the head of Media & Acquisition, and will be based in our headquarters in New York.
- Lead brand media efforts across the US and international markets to support global expansion -- from yearly budget setting through strategy development through campaign execution and reporting. Areas of focus include target definition, media mix development, creative flighting alignment, strategic direction setting, budget management, and performance analysis
- Grow the sophistication of our existing efforts and continually test and learn into new tactics and ways of working, with the goal of incorporating a Brand element into even marketing touchpoints traditionally considered “DR”
- Create scalable, repeatable structures for planning, execution, and measurement across multiple markets; define and enhance ways of working to best leverage in-house and agency-led expertise
- Nurture a senior, high-performing team of Brand Media and Influencer marketing experts; partner effectively with Direct Response media leadership to maximize full-funnel impact
- Partner with Go To Market and Brand Strategy teams to ensure media strategies maximize total impact across media, creative, and local considerations
- Work with Market Research and Marketing Analytics teams to enhance Brand decision making and measurement capabilities
- 15+ years of experience developing and leading media strategies; experience with SaaS or subscription brands preferred
- Deep knowledge of brand-building and media planning techniques across digital and traditional media channels; experience using influencers, content, and other less traditional tactics a plus
- Proven success building and leading a high performing team; ideally, experience managing both direct teams and agency partners
- Experience using data to plan and optimize brand investment and strategy; fluency with brand measurement metrics and analytical approaches
- Collaborative approach, with experience influencing cross-functional teams in a complex organization and a track record of building productive relationships with a broad range of internal partners
- Comfort navigating through ambiguity in a dynamic environment
- Understanding of localization and how cultural perspectives influence go-to-market plans
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1300 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.