- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
- Product Management
- Business Applications
At Squarespace, our platform empowers millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories and create an impactful, design-forward, and easy-to-manage online presence. From our headquarters in NYC, we are working to grow our international reach and bring the future of online publishing to a worldwide audience.
We have a unique opportunity for an accomplished marketing leader to create and guide the strategic direction and operational execution of our expansion in Canada. You’ll work with local agencies and cross-functionally with the NYC-based marketing team to plan & execute localized go-to-market plans including events and partnerships, PR, CRM, paid media, and community building efforts. Combining a breadth of marketing expertise and proven success in market expansion, you will be an essential contributor to the Global Team and teams across the organization shaping the future of Squarespace.
This role is based remotely in Toronto and reports to our Head of International Marketing.
- Create and manage holistic marketing plan for Canada
- Build Squarespace’s cultural relevance through the planning and execution of strategic events and partnerships, and community initiatives
- Correspond with active partners, customers and vendors to secure their collaboration in marketing initiatives
- Monitor and track the progress of projects from start to finish and compile ongoing reporting
- Manage local agencies (briefing, providing strategic direction, executional oversight)
- Partner with Media, Communications, CRM, and Brand Strategy teams to optimize across channels
- Utilize consumer insights to get a deeper understanding of our consumer and develop insight-driven marketing
- Create and maintain internal presentations and documents for active marketing programs
- Maintain current knowledge of local cultural trends and media consumption patterns
- Drive growth and impact across all major international KPIs: customers, revenue, conversion, marketing ROI, LTV, and retention
- Available to travel internationally
- 7-10+ years of broad-based marketing experience, ideally in consumer tech or a closely related industry
- Proven success launching products in new markets without an existing presence
- Experience managing agency partners
- Deep knowledge across digital and traditional marketing channels
- Understanding of localization and how cultural perspectives influence go-to-market plans
- Comfort navigating through ambiguity in a dynamic environment
Squarespace works with a selected Third Party Employment Service (TPES), who will act as the official employer of record and will manage all compliance and payroll activities locally. Squarespace adheres, to the extent of its ability to, all statutory ethical and legal recruitment standards and principles.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.