- New York
- Date Posted
- Oct. 7, 2021
- Product Management
- Business Applications
Squarespace is powered by design. We offer a uniquely independent yet supportive culture, where ideas can come from anywhere and execution is everything. We are looking for a social lead to continue the work of bringing the SQSP brand to life on social, whereby we set trends and create work that’s forever a reference source for our peers and competitors.
You have conceptual skills and the ability to tell compelling stories. You’re attuned to the latest social trends and know how to leverage them in a thoughtful way that starts conversations. You’re a great team leader, but happy to pitch in when needed and are approachable to bounce ideas off. You have a major passion for systems and stories, with an understanding of how one affects the other. You’re constantly immersing yourself in new cultural trends as a means to work towards your creative vision. You appreciate the beauty in creating well-crafted and polished posts. You will report to the Senior Design Manager.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Mentor, inspire, and manage a talented social team of designers, writers, editors, and animators to come up with ideas that elevate the brand and deliver results across all key social platforms, from IG to TikTok.
- Oversee the social strategy and closely partner with the marketing team to develop platform-specific action plans, including playbooks, best practices, and go-to-market launch campaigns for existing and emerging channels.
- Drive ideation and innovation on social through content storytelling, emerging platforms/products, social-led activations, and real-time execution.
- Establish and pursue ambitious growth goals across platforms without compromising brand or creative integrity.
- Create community building and user-generated programs as well as ideate and execute on experiential events that drive brand awareness and engagement.
- 8+ years of professional experience in social media marketing and execution
- Minimum of 5 years management experience
- Proficient in the digital world and emerging platforms with deep knowledge in running best-in-class social media campaigns
- Solid understanding of the creative process and an ability to effectively partner with creatives
- A strong presenter and effective communicator with the ability to influence stakeholders
- Self-starter with a hands-on approach, strong instincts for prioritization, and the ability to work in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.