- Date Posted
- Sep. 7, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
At least 3 years of experience building software. Experience being a tech-lead is a plus
- Understand all parts of a modern web-based application stack from Frontend, Backend to Production
- A specialist in at least one part of the stack—backend or production infrastructure
- A self-motivated individual who works well with little direction
- Enjoys being part of a team that works and learns together
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prefers to experiment and use data to drive decision making
- Loves making and building things as part of a growing team
What you’ll do
The Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack) position is located in Chicago or can be 100% remote.
You’ll be helping us build the next generation restaurant ticketing system, based on the tried and true (and proven) system deployed at world-class restaurants such as Alinea, Next, The French Laundry, and more. We’re looking for engineers who are generalists—you’ll be working with a mix of front and back-end web development tools. Our team is pretty small (almost a dozen engineers and a few designers), and undergoing exponential growth, so there’s a great opportunity for you to make a difference.
All Tock employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Build next-generation web applications that are fast and responsive
- Be able to build a feature or enhancement, starting with engineering design taking it all the way to production
- Contribute to core team culture and contribute code to efforts across a fast-growing company
- Support, maintain and upgrade code and participate in necessary design and implementation of a complex system
Tock is the only all-in-one system for reservations, takeout, delivery, and events. We are changing the way restaurants, wineries, and culinary event organizers run their business and how guests explore, discover, and book at these places all around the globe.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Tock’s explosive growth:
- Awarded Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies” for 2021
- Awarded Built In’s “2021 Best Places to Work”
- Awarded America’s Hottest Brands of 2020 by AdAge
- Won Chicago Tribune’s “Game Changer” Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed over $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Named one of 2019’s 50 Startups to Watch
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain’s Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance)
- 401k + employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefit in the form of pretax (US)
Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.