- Date Posted
- Aug. 31, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
Internal Products builds rich, modern applications, services and integrations that power the growth of Squarespace. We partner with teams across the company to define and solve complex problems.
Join our exploratory, iterative, and customer-focused team. Contribute by helping shape our tech stack, and improve our processes. Broaden yourself and others by mentoring developers and breaking challenging problems into solutions. You will report to our Team Lead, Internal Products in our NYC Headquarters.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Develop and maintain web applications used by advisors and support staff
- Collaborate with engineers, designers and product owners to create a user-focused experience
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, and writing beautiful, readable code)
- Encourage the technical growth of your team and teammates
- Keep our product updated with the latest technologies
- Build end-to-end projects and features
- 5+ years of experience building reliable, usable, and performant web applications
- Experience using different types of datastores such as Postgres, Mongo, Redis, and Elasticsearch
- An understanding of best practices across software lifecycle, from development to deployment and testing
- Experience in mentorship through code reviews and technical discussions
- Experience working collaboratively with stakeholders, product owners and users
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.