- New York
- Date Posted
- Jun. 29, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
The Core Services team is looking for passionate backend engineers to build and scale our data privacy and protection platforms solutions. We are looking for a senior level software engineer with experience executing complex projects and able to explain coherently what their systems do and what their roles played in those projects. We are also looking for work experience in large-scale distributed system design; hands-on with delivering high-quality code; and excellent written and verbal communication skills with diverse teams (engineering, management, GRC, and legal).
If you are a server-side engineer who enjoys taking ownership of product initiatives and carrying them from concept to production, we want to hear from you! You will report to the Core Services Engineering Manager in our New York City headquarters.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Design and implement distributed systems and components to help data governance policies and procedures.
- Own complex projects that span across multiple teams and work with partners from different departments.
- Write server-side code, create high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
- Work with GRC to ensure compliance with present and future regulatory needs.
- Identify opportunities for improvement at Squarespace where data does not meet regulatory compliance needs and work with Engineering to remedy that.
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, and writing well documented or self-explainable, readable code).
- Contribute to the team and company standards.
- Mentor junior team members.
- 3+ years industry experience developing software using Java.
- Experience developing large-scale distributed systems and working w/ microservice architecture.
- Experience with web application development and RESTful API development.
- Project management and software lifecycle management skills.
- Understanding of database schema design, caching and scalability. Experience with SQL.
- Experience with queues and stream-processing technologies such as RabbitMQ and Kafka..
- Knowledge of privacy issues, regulations and policies and their differences between distinct regions (US, EU, etc.) - a strong plus
- CIPP/US, CIPM, CIPT, DCPP, CDPSE, HCISPP or equivalent from a well-regarded certification authority - nice to have.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
- Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class