- Date Posted
- Oct. 7, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
- Business Applications
Squarespace is looking for a Technical Support Engineer who will help expand support for our technical product suite. It’s an exciting time at Squarespace as we ramp up channels of support for our developer users and expand our API offerings. We want someone who, like us, cares about understanding and supporting our technical users and partners. We’re looking for someone who will enjoy working with our technical product suite and contributing to the team through a mix of coding, customer communication, support, consultations, and content creation (blog posts, videos, technical documentation).
At Squarespace, our Technical Product Support team is a cross-department contact for technical issues spanning across our entire product suite. We partner with a variety of teams—From Engineering to debug and patch issues to Product teams to present developer user stories to improve the platform. You will help us support external developers who build with Squarespace products and consult businesses evaluating our offerings.
You will report to the Manager of Technical Product Support.
You’ll Get To…
- Advise valued customers and business partners on best practices developing websites and integrations with Squarespace products
- Help troubleshoot advanced issues on the Squarespace consumer and Developer Platform
- Resolve technical issues by filing, managing, and evaluating bugs and improvements with Product and Engineering teams
- Support business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-consumer (B2C) inquiries through technical consultations, email, and persistent chats
- Advocate on behalf of the developer community by collecting and distilling user feedback to validate and influence product and engineering decisions
- Help maintain developer facing technical documentation and our Developer Portal
- Support our APIs, webhooks, OAuth product
Who We’re Looking For
- 2+ years of Development background (on-the-job experience preferred but open to development bootcamp grads)
- Experience with web development
- Experience working on issues needing understanding of APIs (REST, OAuth), microservices, and databases.
- Experience looking into unfamiliar code to gain insight into underlying issues
- Experience integrating and troubleshooting APIs
- Experience describing the structure, characteristics, and behavior of software to assorted team members who consume it
- You’re empathetic with the ability to put yourself in the customer’s shoes to figure out solutions that will best solve their needs or fix their issues
- You enjoy knowledge sharing, team collaboration, teaching and learning from others
- You enjoy making complex technical concepts accessible and understandable to all kinds of audiences
- You enjoy figuring things out and picking up new skills quickly—with a passion for learning how things work and how to use new technologies
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Free lunch and snacks
- Close proximity to cultural landmarks such as Dublin Castle and St. Patrick’s Cathedral
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our suite of products enables anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management via Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to best-in-class design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California and Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.