- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- Sep. 29, 2021
- Business Applications
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities. We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. Our products and services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names.
Stack Overflow is looking for a Major Account Executive (MAE) to join our team working exclusively on Enterprise clients and prospects. The Employment Branding products help developers around the world learn which companies are hiring and allows businesses to showcase themselves as a top employer to attract the best talent! The Major Account Executive will use their domain expertise and consultative selling expertise to support Stack Overflow’s enterprise Employment Branding products. The MAE will focus on a defined list of the most important and lucrative clients and prospects. This position will be involved in the entire sales cycle, including leading meetings to discuss current employment branding challenges, assess clients’ pain and identify the solutions that best meet those needs.
Since many of the deals at this level carry significant revenue, it is customary for the decision-making process to involve multiple parties. To be successful at this level, you must influence and secure meaningful relationships with each participant and stakeholder. In order to do this effectively, the MAE will need to “map out” each client’s decision-making process. To ensure accurate and meaningful understandings of their clients, MAE will meet with clients to provide better service, solidify relationships and uncover potential opportunities ahead of the competition.
What You’ll Do:
- Passionate, enthusiastic and a successful Enterprise new business salesperson who wants to be part of the largest developer community
- Be a key member in Stack’s sales team to drive net new business sales into large, strategic accounts
- Drive complex sales cycles through orchestrating internal teams of pre-sales, value management, bid management, inside sales, marketing and sales support
- You will use your experience and consultative selling skills to initiate long-standing relationships with prospective customers
- Build and maintain a healthy sales pipeline to achieve and exceed monthly sales quota
- Become a subject matter expert by acquiring ongoing marketplace intelligence by researching trends and best practices, reading business publications, seeking out learning and development opportunities and utilizing internal training resources
- Conduct tailored, web-based presentations via video conference and in person (when applicable) to showcase the reach of our unique Employment Branding model that will help prospective clients produce and tell their story to the largest developer network.
- Network diligently, creating business relationships, through multiple efforts including cold calling, in person sales calls, chamber attendance, networking (lead) groups, agents, and other appropriate methods
What You’ll Need to Have:
- 8+ years of experience in a closing sales role
- 5+ years of experience selling to F1000 and Global 500 accounts.
- Successful experience in an Enterprise “Hybrid” role. Must have plans you can articulate around both Enterprise Customer Acquisition and Enterprise Customer Retention.
- Proven track record of over-performance of quota.
- Experience selling Talent Acquisition solutions to C-levels within large enterprise accounts
- Experience closing multiple six and seven figure deals per year.
- Experience with digital advertising sales or web based services sales
- Understanding of the strategic competitive landscape and customer needs so you can effectively position Stack Overflow for Talent solutions within prospective accounts
- Successful track record of operationalizing and growing new business initiatives
- Proven ability in managing complex sales cycles from start to finish with a track record of successful revenue attainment
- Must be able to work independently, drive results and performance
- Passion for building trust and communicating effectively with customers
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and experience building strong internal and external relationships
Nice to Have
- Successful Talent Marketing Agency experience (i.e Radancy - formerly TMP, Symphony Talent, HireClix). Either selling directly to agencies or past work experience.
- Successful track record of Enterprise Sales working for a competitor, i.e. LinkedIn, Indeed, ZipRecruiter, Dice, Monster, CareerBuilder etc.
- Experience with MEDDPIC or similar forecasting methodology.
- TA, IT and Marketing contacts at F1000 and Global 500 accounts.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and paid sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- 401K match
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
- If your role is not located in one of our offices…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunches, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our New York office (re-opening voluntarily Fall 2021), you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
- Employment is conditioned upon successfully completing a background check and having the appropriate legal right to work.
- Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.