- Date Posted
- Jan. 6, 2022
- Business Applications
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. The products and services are focused on technical recruiting, developer marketing, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names.
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) is a critical part of our high-performing sales team. As an SDR, you will be responsible for uncovering and developing qualified opportunities from inbound leads as well as via creative outbound prospecting for our Stack Overflow for Teams Sales Team. Reporting to the Director of Sales Development, you will be challenged, you will develop as a sales professional, and you will have fun! This role must be willing to relocate to Austin, TX.
What you’ll do:
- Create new business opportunities to drive Stack Overflow’s growth
- Work closely with Sales Executives to ensure smooth handoff and a good experience for our future customers
- Engage with key stakeholders at target accounts within a set region
- Provide feedback and viewpoint from the customer and sales team to help improve the Stack Overflow’s product and business
- Advocate for the Stack Overflow’s platform and our position within the global developer community
- Perform daily prospecting activities including:
- Pre-call research and planning
- Connecting with prospects on the phone
- Following up with previous contacts (nurturing leads)
- Maintaining Salesforce records
- Social selling
What you’ll need to have:
- 1-3 years of proven excellence in business development, preferably in SaaS or technology-based company
- Focused, self-motivated, outgoing, curious, and creative personality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong and professional presence to high-level executives
- Ability to self manage tasks and achieve target numbers for contacts and opportunities
- A desire to pursue a career in software sales
- Passion about the Stack Overflow story and our global connection to developers and ways that we can help them learn, share, and level up
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with G-suite & Salesforce, is a plus
What we value:
- Servant Leadership: The best managers lead by empowering and inspiring their team to do their best work.
- Collaboration: The best products are created when people from different backgrounds and disciplines work closely together in an environment of respect and trust.
- Transparency: Trust is built on openness and transparency. If there is not a good reason to keep it a secret, we share it.
- Inclusion: We do our best work when we can be our whole selves at work. We’re committed to policies and benefits that support people, and managers who foster an open and inclusive culture.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
- If you want to work remotely…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our Austin office, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our office (re-opening June 2021 at the earliest due to COVID-19), you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
- Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
- Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Overflow does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.