- United States
- Date Posted
- Aug. 24, 2021
- Business Applications
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world’s developers. Our products and services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names.
Stack Overflow is seeking an experienced Sr. Sales/Solution Engineer to support the Enterprise book of business for Stack Overflow for Teams. The Sr. Sales Engineer will have a deep understanding of our new offerings and product roadmaps. He/she/they will have the insight to make the connection between a customer’s specific business problems and Stack Overflow for Team’s solution, the customer-facing skills to communicate the connection and vision to a wide variety of high-level executives, and the technical skills to be able to not only build demos and execute proof-of-concepts. Also, to provide consultative assistance on architecture and implementation.
You will work hand-in-hand with the Sales team to identify and qualify business opportunities, identify key customer technical objections, and help develop strategies to resolve technical impediments.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as an expert on the product for both external and internal sales questions
- Support Account Executives on prospect technical calls and demos
- Develop and provide technical collateral in support of Sales
- Develop and provide technical product training for the Sales team
- Work with CSE, SRE teams to confirm we can deliver on proposals
What you’ll have to do:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to deliver a technical pitch
- At least 7 years of experience in architecting or designing software solutions for Enterprise customers in a pre-sales technical role
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with multiple technological environments
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, oral and presentation skills with the ability to discuss highly technical concepts to all audiences
- Proactive, independent thinker with high energy/positive attitude
- Collaborate efficiently with the team and cross-functional departments
- Experience serving as a technical sales or solutions engineer in a customer-facing role
- Technical writing experience
- Familiarity with our stack: Windows 2016 Server+, IIS, Elasticsearch, Redis
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (12-16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
- If you want to work remotely… We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
- If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
- Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our office (re-opening June 2021 at the earliest due to COVID-19), you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.