- United States
- Date Posted
- Aug. 30, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
- Business Applications
This role is remote but candidates must be US-based and work 8-5 or 9-6 PST.
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities. We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. The products and services are focused on technical recruiting, developer marketing, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names.
The Senior Product Support Specialist (SPSS) is responsible for supporting clients’ technical needs and ensuring their successful deployment, use, and growth of the Stack Overflow Talent and Stack Overflow for Teams products.
Senior Product Support Specialists are responsible for post-sales technical support for clients. SPSS’s should help customers evaluate solution implementation, understand how to utilize it, integrate it into their existing systems, and successfully deploy and troubleshoot any issues with it. They work closely with the Customer Success team to achieve these goals.
What You’ll Do:
- Post-sales engineering assistance to help prospects understand the technical capabilities of the software and how it can fit into their organization’s existing systems
- Assist clients with configuration and connection to other systems such as mail servers, single-sign-on, DNS, etc.
- Assist clients with configuration and connection to other systems such as SSO, Slack, and Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS).
- Investigate and resolve customer technical issues.
- Follow-up on issues by tracking their progress and ensuring their completion in a timely manner.
- Ensure technical support SLAs are met.
- Work with the product engineering team to communicate bugs or other issues to be fixed and incorporated into future releases.
- Create or update customer-facing and internal product documentation.
- Ensure that our customers have the best possible experience with our product and team.
What You Need to Have
As a Senior Product Support Specialist you will be working closely with both internal and external stakeholders, including face-to-face support via video conferencing and/or screen shares, so people skills are a must. At times, you may find yourself in uncharted territories, so being comfortable taking the initiative and self-direction is a requirement. You must also have a broad technical curiosity with proven technical understanding and problem-solving. We like to see a proactive approach to dealing with customers and users; we want you to see the world through their eyes and get ahead of their issues with fixes and improvements.
- Experience supporting SaaS products at an enterprise level.
- Excellent problem-solving skills. You excel at analyzing and solving technical problems.
- Experience with basic Information Technology subjects such as SMTP, SSO, SAML, SSL, REST, Active Directory, DNS, Load Balancers, and IP routing.
- The ability to communicate effectively and positively through written and spoken English, explaining technical concepts clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Technical writing skills, such as how-tos and product/support documentation.
- On-premises system or cloud administration skills.
- Know how to read an API spec and be able to answer questions.
- Understanding of networking and firewall configuration, and troubleshooting experience.
- Strong organizational skills. You’ll be juggling multiple customers and issues at the same time, and need to be able to stay on top of things and maintain regular communication with both customers and the rest of your team
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with our tech stack: C#, IIS, MS SQL, Elasticsearch, Redis.
- Experience working remotely and/or working with teams that are distributed geographically.
- Experience with PowerShell or another scripting language.
- Experience with Relational Databases and SQL. You can read and write queries, and know how to read a schema.
- You’ll be required to work 8a-5p or 9a-6p, Monday through Friday, pacific standard time (PST).
- Weekend and holiday on-call hours following a rotating schedule.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
- We’re a remote-friendly team. you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
- Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
- Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.