- United States
- Date Posted
- Oct. 25, 2021
- Data Science
- Open Source
We’re on a mission to free our customers to see the invisible and achieve the impossible. We unlock the value of distributed data by making it fast and easy to access, no matter where it lives. With Starburst, teams can lower the total cost of their infrastructure and analytics investments, prevent vendor lock-in, and use the existing tools that work for their business. Today more than 150 leading organizations trust us to make better decisions faster.
Though Starburst has achieved a unicorn status and raised $164M in venture funding from top investors, we were founded in a rather unusual way with customers and revenue from the very beginning! We operate globally in 10 countries and are proud to be named a Best Place to Work. Come join our team of All-Stars!
About the role
As a Product Analyst, you will have a direct impact on our product offering by delivering actionable insights by conducting product research, analysis and testing. After learning the ins and outs of our products, you’ll benchmark them against our competitors and conduct competitive intelligence analysis in order to recommend areas of improvement to internal stakeholders. You will also work with various teams by sharing your insights and equipping them with the necessary knowledge on how our products compare on the market.
- Research and analyze competitive products
- Benchmark our product experiences against those of competitors
- Test and evaluate query performance
- Assist Field/Product/Engineering in understanding competitive product capabilities and performance
- Create reports and presentations to provide actionable insights
- Experience with SQL language, Big Data (Data Lake), Cloud technology and Linux
- Experience with query performance troubleshooting
- Experience with DBMS / Hadoop would be a plus
- Strong technical abilities with demonstrated experience learning and navigating complex systems and new technologies
- Experience synthesizing data to drive actionable insights
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Strong written communication and presentation skills
At Starburst, we’re constantly striving towards building a place where people come first by creating an environment of transparency, honesty, and respect. We take care of our global workforce by making sure employees enjoy competitive salaries and attractive stock grants, remote-friendly work options, access to quality and affordable insurance, and flexible and generous paid time off to start a family, travel, or just relax!
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.