- United States
- Date Posted
- Nov. 23, 2021
- Open Source
We’re on a mission to free our customers to see the invisible and achieve the impossible. We unlock the value of distributed data by making it fast and easy to access, no matter where it lives. With Starburst, teams can lower the total cost of their infrastructure and analytics investments, prevent vendor lock-in, and use the existing tools that work for their business. Today more than 150 leading organizations trust us to make better decisions faster.
Though Starburst has achieved a unicorn status and raised $164M in venture funding from top investors, we were founded in a rather unusual way with customers and revenue from the very beginning! We operate globally in 10 countries and are proud to be named a Best Place to Work. Come join our team of All-Stars!
About the role
The Director of FP&A will be responsible for all budgeting and planning for Starburst Data. The individual in this role will also partner with the executive team on their strategic plans as well as build a team to support the growing company.
- First dedicated FP&A employee at Starburst
- Build FP&A team to provide support across the organization
- Partner with Functional leaders on budgeting and planning
- Owner of annual planning cycle
- Prepare materials for Board of Directors meetings
- Determine and prepare appropriate financial metrics to best measure company
- Create long-term plan and help shape the business to success
- Perform ad hoc analysis to help optimize decision making
- Implement any required planning systems
- Partner with accounting organization to ensure accurate reporting of financials
- Partner with Business Operations and Sales to ensure appropriate GTM metrics are in place and being tracked
- Cash Flow and Balance Sheet forecasting
- 5+ year of experience with increasing responsibility in financial planning and analysis
- Experience building and leading teams; Demonstrated focus on Developing employees
- Experience in a high growth technology company
- Ability to partner with executives across all functional areas of the company
- Need to be a self starter who can thrive with ambiguity
At Starburst, we’re constantly striving towards building a place where people come first by creating an environment of transparency, honesty, and respect. We take care of our global workforce by making sure employees enjoy competitive salaries and attractive stock grants, remote-friendly work options, access to quality and affordable insurance, and flexible and generous paid time off to start a family, travel, or just relax!
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.