- United States
- Date Posted
- Dec. 26, 2021
- Open Source
We’re on a mission to free our customers to see the invisible and achieve the impossible. We unlock the value of distributed data by making it fast and easy to access, no matter where it lives. With Starburst, teams can lower the total cost of their infrastructure and analytics investments, prevent vendor lock-in, and use the existing tools that work for their business. Today more than 150 leading organizations trust us to make better decisions faster.
Though Starburst has achieved a unicorn status and raised $164M in venture funding from top investors, we were founded in a rather unusual way with customers and revenue from the very beginning! We operate globally in 10 countries and are proud to be named a Best Place to Work. Come join our team of All-Stars!
Starburst’s greatest asset is our people. The People Partner will join our mission to support our talented team of All-Stars, our dedicated leaders, and our employee resource groups all while weaving our values and mission into everything we do.
The ideal candidate has been part of a hyper-growth company and has experienced the thrill of tremendous change and opportunity. They have structured programs, navigated employee relations issues, and effortlessly built rapport with everyone they interact with. This role is both hands-on and strategic to continually align business strategy with people’s needs.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with business leaders and managers to provide thought leadership regarding organizational design, change management, people strategy, and employee engagement.
- Provide strategic partnership and coaching to employees and people managers at all levels to positively impact the engagement, development, and retention of talent.
- Provide counsel and guidance on complex employee relations situations.
- Improve manager capabilities through coaching and implementation of management development programs and opportunities.
- Use people metrics to drive key insights and decisions for talent growth and retention.
- Work closely with the rest of the HR organization to execute cyclical programs including compensation review, feedback cycles, engagement surveys, and development programs.
What we are looking for:
- Strong communication skills and high emotional intelligence with an ability to build genuine relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Impeccable judgment and integrity, including the decision-making skills that allow you to balance the needs of the company, managers, and employees.
- Demonstrated experience with organizational design, change management, performance management, leadership coaching, learning and development programs, total rewards, and compliance. Bonus points for global experience.
- Experience influencing and advising leaders on talent and employment situations, with the ability to drive change management in a rapidly scaling environment.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and manage multiple, complex, competing priorities.
This is a remote opportunity reporting to our Head of People. This role may require occasional travel for company meetings, team offsites or training but will be scheduled based on local, state, and federal regulations and recommendations pertaining to COVID-19.
At Starburst, we’re constantly striving towards building a place where people come first by creating an environment of transparency, honesty, and respect. We take care of our global workforce by making sure employees enjoy competitive salaries and attractive stock grants, remote-friendly work options, access to quality and affordable insurance, and flexible and generous paid time off to start a family, travel, or just relax!
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.