- Palo Alto
- Date Posted
- Oct. 25, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Open Source
We’re on a mission to free our customers to see the invisible and achieve the impossible. We unlock the value of distributed data by making it fast and easy to access, no matter where it lives. With Starburst, teams can lower the total cost of their infrastructure and analytics investments, prevent vendor lock-in, and use the existing tools that work for their business. Today more than 150 leading organizations trust us to make better decisions faster.
Though Starburst has achieved a unicorn status and raised $164M in venture funding from top investors, we were founded in a rather unusual way with customers and revenue from the very beginning! We operate globally in 10 countries and are proud to be named a Best Place to Work. Come join our team of All-Stars!
About the role
As Starburst Data’s Sr Director of Engineering for our Galaxy product, you will ultimately oversee all of Starburst’s development for our SaaS platform systems, and deliver a best of breed experience to our customers. It’s an engineering leadership role that will help determine how we design, develop, support and enhance our next generation platform. This includes how we staff and build everything from the deployment platform and cloud operations, up through the user experience and UI. It’s a great opportunity for someone to build a SaaS product from its current state as an MVP to something that revolutionizes the way companies develop insights, and build the first real open multi/hybrid cloud data analytics product.
- Develop mechanisms and strategies to ensure Galaxy runs smoothly and effectively.
- Direct and establish Galaxy platform and developer productivity projects, and be the owner for the roadmap.
- Monitor changes in the technology sector to discover ways the company can improve and develop.
- Supervise Galaxy operations and work with product teams to infer needs and stay ahead of our emerging business.
- Plan and direct the implementation of new technology systems to continue to scale Starburst
- Provide leadership coaching to more junior members of Starburst and champion our values.
- Own our SaaS development philosophy and ensure cohesion across the business.
- Built large and diverse teams of exceptional individuals.
- Technical Degree(s) in computer science, engineering or a related field.
- Held leadership roles.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to use influence as effectively as direct control.
- Past success analyzing data, drawing accurate conclusions, and adjusting strategy accordingly.
- No ego. Strong focus on doing what is right for the customer and the company.
- The ability to interface with diverse teams from leaders in business units to individual engineers.
- Experience in data platforms and related product development is a strong plus
At Starburst, we’re constantly striving towards building a place where people come first by creating an environment of transparency, honesty, and respect. We take care of our global workforce by making sure employees enjoy competitive salaries and attractive stock grants, remote-friendly work options, access to quality and affordable insurance, and flexible and generous paid time off to start a family, travel, or just relax!
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.