- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
- Product Management
- Open Source
Starburst is on a mission to modernize data access & analytics. Our company was founded in an unusual way; with customers and revenue from the beginning! Our growth is already ahead of some of the most successful software start-ups, and we don’t plan on slowing down.
We believe our opportunity is huge. Every large company in the world suffers from a data silo problem. Traditional data warehouse products approach the problem with old solutions that breed inefficiency and ultimately can’t help business analysts run fast analytics on all their data.
Starburst provides a modern solution that addresses these data silo & speed of access problems. Starburst helps enterprises harness the value of open source Trino (formerly PrestoSQL), the fastest distributed query engine available today, by adding the tools and 24x7 support that meet the needs for big data access at scale. Ultimately, Starburst helps organizations run analytics anywhere to make better business decisions.
About the role:
The Enablement Content Specialist will be responsible for the development and upkeep of our sales enablement content and coursework. This role reports directly to the Director of Sales Enablement.
In this role, you will partner closely with the rest of the Sales Enablement team, as well as our Product, Sales, Pre-Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success teams to ensure the creation of high-quality training materials.
- Develop original training materials for a variety of sales audiences, including account executives, pre-sales engineers, and sales development representatives
- Update existing training materials and maintain content library with appropriate learning design techniques and principles
- Design a variety of training programs across different mediums (e.g. self-paced eLearning, in-person instructor-led trainings, etc)
- Develop graphics, animation, audio, video, and multimedia elements for eLearning solutions
- Work with Director of Sales Enablement and SMEs to ensure messaging throughout training materials is consistent and reliable
- Evaluate the effectiveness of coursework
- Experience developing sales enablement materials from start to finish
- 3-5 years experience working in the Big Data space
- Working knowledge of project management and ability to apply it to work assignments
- Flexible mindset and agile approach to deliverables.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively as part of a team
- Proven experience working in a fast-paced, results-oriented sales environment
- Demonstrates initiative by identifying issues, recommending and implementing solutions
- Proficiency with PowerPoint / Google Slides and other Office and Google Suite products
- Bonus Points: Working knowledge of instructional design skills and adult learning theories
Benefits & Perks (US only)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance covered at 80% or more
- Disability and Life Insurance provided for free but you can buy more if you want to
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible Work Environment - heck, it’s COVID, we’re all being flexible and we’ll continue to be as the world continues to evolve
- Free money to use at our online swag store
- Invites to some of the strangest and most awesome company events
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Poland, the UK, and employees all across the globe, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst Data, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.