- Date Posted
- Sep. 7, 2021
- Professional Services
- Open Source
We’re on a mission to free our customers to see the invisible and achieve the impossible. We unlock the value of distributed data by making it fast and easy to access, no matter where it lives. With Starburst, teams can lower the total cost of their infrastructure and analytics investments, prevent vendor lock-in, and use the existing tools that work for their business. Today more than 150 leading organizations trust us to make better decisions faster.
Though Starburst has achieved a unicorn status and raised $164M in venture funding from top investors, we were founded in a rather unusual way with customers and revenue from the very beginning! We operate globally in 10 countries and are proud to be named a Best Place to Work. Come join our team of All-Stars!
We’re hiring a Principal Data Mesh Strategy Consultant who will be responsible for engaging with Starburst prospects and customers to guide them on how to envision and plan their data mesh strategy.
You’ll be the first hire on this new Starburst Strategy Consulting team and will have the opportunity to shape our offerings, capabilities, and define the roadmap for our consulting services. In addition, you’ll work alongside our Partner team to collaborate with 3rd party consultancies to formulate engagement practices and shared offerings. You’ll align with our Product Team to design micro services that meet our prospects and customers where they are in their data mesh maturity and in particular how to ensure we can guide them through the various milestones of product adoption.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Designing, documenting, and delivering consulting services offerings
- Establishing our Data Mesh consulting practice
- Partnering with Sales, CS, Product, and Marketing to align on and build our Data Mesh consulting practices and services that drive adoption of Starburst Enterprise
- Building and aligning with our Partner team and 3rd party consultancies on complimentary services and tactics to drive engagement with customers and prospects
- Evangelizing Data Mesh as a concept via speaking engagements, thought leadership, and other such vehicles
- Supporting our sales teams in evangelizing with prospects to help them realize how Data Mesh, and Starburst Enterprise in context, can drive business value
- 10+ years of defining enterprise data strategy in areas such as cloud data migration, data management, data governance, data supply chain, data security, data archival, data quality, master data management for large scale corporations
- Experience and comfort with presenting to and collaborating with C-Level Executives on strategy
- Experience in defining service offerings, drafting statements of work, and collaborating with sales
- Speaker at industry conferences presenting latest innovations, models, concepts associated with data practice
- Experience and knowledge of cloud data platforms (such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud platform and other related on Prem and cloud technologies such as Snowlake, Databricks, Teradata etc)
- Certifications in data technologies
- Bonus points for candidates with an existing understanding of and experience articulating strategies for Data Mesh migration
At Starburst, we’re constantly striving towards building a place where people come first by creating an environment of transparency, honesty, and respect. We take care of our global workforce by making sure employees enjoy competitive salaries and attractive stock grants, remote-friendly work options, access to quality and affordable insurance, and flexible and generous paid time off to start a family, travel, or just relax!
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.